Ch. 11

Logan had been struggling.

Of course, he "loved" all of his friends. Being with them had brought a new sense of comfort that he had longed for. But, he couldn't help but feel a small sense of doubt inside of him.

It made perfect sense that Patton was...manipulating him. The logic was just too simple to pass up. But, his heart told him otherwise.

He hadn't told anyone about this, since he was afraid they would shun him. Why did he still have feelings for that side who had inflicted on him horrible maltreatment? Why didn't he despise the very ground Patton walked on?

Actually, despising the ground would be pretty ridiculous.

And he knew he should be angry. He knew that. He should be more angry than he had ever been. But he just felt a deep and hollow sense of melancholy. So strong that it figuratively weighed on him everyday.

He wanted to hate Patton more than anything, but he knew that wasn't possible.

Because he loved him.

And that terrified Logan.

Logan woke up in his bed, and was thoroughly surprised to find he wasn't alone. Instead of being immediately alarmed, a sense of comfort washed over him. He recognized this person's scent. It was Janus.

He had vague memories of Janus helping him fall asleep last night, he would have to thank him later.

The deceitful side had fallen asleep as well, it seems. Logan realized that this was the first time he had ever seen him truly relaxed. No playful smirk. No glint in his eye. Just peace.

Logan slowly got up, being careful not to disturb him. He went over to his desk, found a sticky note, wrote a quick thank you note on it, and stuck it to Janus' hat.

He took a deep breath, before leaving the room. He went downstairs.

His breath caught in his throat when he thought he spotted Pattom cooking breakfast. He rubbed his eyes, and only found Roman standing there.

"Good morning, Nerd! How's the plan going?" Roman chirped, mixing a bowl of...something.

"What is that?" Logan asked, pointing at the bowl.

"Well, I went to check on Deceit since he's usually up and making breakfast by now, but I saw the two of you getting comfy and decided not to intrude!"

"That didn't answer my question at all."

"Oh! You're right!" Roman seemed genuinely surprised. "Um, I don't know."

"You...don't know?"

"I just threw a bunch of stuff in a bowl." Roman shrugged. "I don't know how to cook."

"Why didn't you just summon a bunch of food?" Logan asked, already feeling a headache coming on.

"It didn't feel as genuine as when Janus or Patton did it!" Roman pouted. "And I'm never one to pass up a challenge!"

"...I see." Logan sighed. "Is Remus up?"

"Why would I know?"

"Aren't you sharing a room?"

"No." Roman replied sharply. Logan frowned, but didn't press it.

"What about Virgil?"

"My Dark and Stormy Knight is sleeping in, as per usual." Roman hummed. "He'll probably be up around noon."

"I see." Logan crossed his arms. "...Where has Remus been sleeping?"

"No clue, I don't care anyhow." Roman shrugged. "I'm sure he's managing."

"You're sure?" Logan asked. "I don't want Remus to develop any unhealthy sleeping habits--"

"Can we not talk about him anymore?" Roman growled, stirring faster. "I'm really not in the mood."

"Apologies." Logan frowned, utterly perplexed.

Suddenly, a loud scream came from Logan's room. Roman and Logan exchanged a look, both going pale. Roman rushed ahead of Logan, being the faster one.

Logan quickly rushed after him, cursing his inability to run faster.

As Logan was running up the stairs, he tripped.

He released a strangled cry as he fell backwards.

---

"Deceit?!" Roman asked, running in. Remus was already there, crouched in front of Janus.

Janus was sitting on the floor, staring blankly at the wall. Remus was shaking him slightly, trying to gain his attention. "Dee-Dee? Can you hear me?" Remus asked quietly.

"You--You--" Roman's eyes were wide with horror. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"What?!" Remus exclaimed, head shooting up and staring at Roman in shocked confusion. "I-I didn't--"

"What's going on?" Virgil appeared next to Roman, hair messy and eyeshadow not present. He saw Janus, and instantly rushed over to him.

"Why did you do that to him, Remus?!" Roman asked, clenching fists.

"You did this?!" Virgil whipped his head over to Remus.

"No!"

"Then who did?! No one can do...whatever this is!" Roman pointed at Janus, whose face was slack. "Did you make him see something so horrific, his body shut down?!"

"No! I-I swear, I would never--!"

"Where's Logan?" Virgil asked. Roman turned around.

"I...thought he was right behind me." Roman furrowed his brow. Roman quickly went back the way he came, the others staying with Janus.

He quickly spotted Logan, unconscious at the bottom of the stairs, a pool of blood surrounding his head.

"SHIT!" Roman yelled, rushing down the stairs. "Nononono--" Roman mumbled under his breath. He snapped and some bandages were in his hand.

---

Remus quickly realized that his life sucked.

Virgil and Roman had placed him in a cage. A literal cage. Roman summoned one and locked him in.

He could easily sink out or something, but he wanted to earn their trust back. It was annoying that Virgil automatically believed whatever Roman said. Love is blind, as they say.

Remus frowned twiddling with his thumbs. Who could have done that to Janus? There was no one in the dark sides or light sides who had that ability.

Well, no one except him.

But there was no way it was him. Janus had kept him under the watch of the lesser sides years ago after that incident. It was impossible that he escaped.

Right?

A/N:

I don't like the lack of Janus and Logan but for the sake of the plot it has to happen 😔