Ch. 15

"We need a plan." Logan said, giving them all a stern look.

"I thought you already had a plan, Einstein?" Roman tilted his head. Remus nodded in agreement.

"Unfortunately, Janus was a large part of this plan. Now that he is..." Logan paused, clearing his throat. "...unable to help us, we have to make a new one."

"Why don't you tell us your plan, and we can see if we can change it?" Virgil offered. Logan glared at Virgil for a few seconds, before rolling his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Fine," Logan sighed. "I was originally going to have Janus turn into Remus to try and throw off Patton. Patton would obviously attack Remus, and that's when he would reveal himself. When he was caught off guard, Roman and Remus would ambush him and we would--well, it doesn't really matter now."

"I could do it." Roman spoke up.

"Roman, no. I wanted Janus to do it because he would be more convincing. If Patton found out that it was you ahead of time--"

"Well what else can we do?" Roman asked. "There's no one else who can turn into Remus!"

"Doesn't Patton plan to kill Remus?" Virgil chimed in. "Sending anyone would be--"

"We know that Cassius plans to kill me." Remus hummed, playing with the grey part of his hair. "Patton could very well disagree."

"Why do they want to kill you anyway?" Roman asked. "You'd think they'd go after Logan or something."

"The matter of why is unimportant." Virgil huffed. "They plan to kill Remus, we need to stop them."

"If they plan to kill me, then don't send anyone else." Remus shrugged. "I don't want Roman to wind up dead because of this plan."

"I don't wanna wind up dead either, but even more than that I want you to walk out of this alive." Roman frowned.

"I've got it." Logan said suddenly. "We'll send Roman and Remus to Patton--"

"Wha--Logan--" Roman interjected.

"Shh, let me finish." Logan sighed. Logan slowly told all of them his plan, making sure not to miss a single detail. He watched as a look of uncertainty crossed Virgil and Remus' face. He had expected as much.

"Okay," Roman took a deep breath. "I'll do it."

"Are you sure?" Virgil and Remus asked at the same time.

"There's a chance this could go horribly wrong, Roman." Logan told him. "I can always come up with another plan--"

"It's fine, Teach." Roman said. "Someone needs to do it, and I'm the only one who can. If something goes wrong, then something goes wrong."

"You're absolutely sure?" Logan said. Roman gave Logan a firm nod.

"Okay then," Remus sighed, stretching. "Let's go catch Dad."

---

A harsh knock on the door caught the attention of both Cassius and Patton. A rush of fear overwhelmed Patton, but he did his best not to make it apparent.

Cassius walked over and swung open the door.

Roman came walking into the room, dragging a tied up Remus in with him. Patton's eyes widened comically as soon as he caught sight of the duke.

"I thought you killed him." Patton seethed, turning to look at Cassius.

"I thought I did too, weird." Cassius hummed. "So, what brings you to our lovely abode?"

Roman sneered and roughly tossed Remus towards them. "Take him. We don't need this piece of garbage anymore." Remus winced at that, but kept his gaze on the floor.

Patton rose a brow, walking foward. Roman stiffened, swallowing nervously. "Is that so?" Patton hummed, circling the twins like a vulture. "You're really going to just give up your brother like that?"

"...Th-That cretin is no brother of mine." Roman huffed, avoiding eye contact.

"I just think that it's odd..." Patton murmured. "Even if you despised your own brother, the Roman I know would never do this to him."

Roman didn't have a rebuttal to that, it seemed. He remained silent. Patton narrowed his eyes in suspicion, examining Roman's expression to the very last detail.

A loud scoff cut through the air.

All eyes shot to Remus. "As if I would want to stay with you." Remus spat venomously. "Some family you turned out to be. Did you know that they locked me in a cage? It wasn't sexy at all!"

"That's enough out of you, damn whelp." Patton sneered. Remus went silent, but a mischievous glint remained in his eyes. Patton looked back at Roman, who was looking at Remus in disbelief. "I have half the mind to cut you down where you stand. To think you would go against the side who raised you."

Roman said nothing, but refused to make eye contact with Patton.

Patton scoffed. "Go run back to your emo."

Roman released a breath and turned to leave. "Bye bye, Princey!" Cassius giggled, waving.

Patton glanced at Remus, before kicking him in the side. Remus released a cry and flopped on his side. "I was originally going to make your death quick and painless, but now that I have you at my disposal..."

Patton kicked Remus in the stomach. The duke released a groan as all the wind was knocked out of him.

"...I'll make this fun."

---

Roman shook his head in disbelief. He couldn't believe that actually worked. He had almost blown it completely back there. Then again, that was to be expected.

He had never been the better actor out of the two of them.

A/N:

Have y'all figured out what's happened??