one

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*.𝚘𝚗𝚎.*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚜"

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*..*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Italy, 1114 A.D.

"Aza, go introduce yourself to the new family in town. Might make you a few new friends for a change." Alexander told his sister as she was tending to the garden.

"Alexander, I appreciate the constant reminder that I am going to end up alone and being a disgrace to my family, but I'd rather claw out my own eyes than go meet any more of your broody friends." Azalea stood up and handed him her basket of berries. "Now, bug off and go teach your vampire sermons somewhere out of my earshot."

"What? You don't believe me?" Alexander asked, baffled.

"Brother, I believe you, but not everyone wants to hear the screams of innocent people as you burn them and drag them to their deaths like lambs to the slaughter." Azalea said in disgust. Her brother pushed her against the wall.

"I'd heed my words if I were you. I could have you killed for saying such things."

"What are you going to do, Alexander? Lock me in a box and release me into the daylight? Or maybe use your silly little sword that deciphers the marks on you? I dare you, but if I die, let it be known that I will haunt you for the rest of your life. If the creatures of the night don't get to you first." Alexander stomped away when she finished, passing the new family. They were all staring at her. She knew they saw everything, and probably heard it too. They'd think she was crazy. The blonde girl was the first to budge, walking up to Azalea.

"Are you alright? I overheard." She said, concern written into her facial expression.

"Yes, thank you. You must take me out to be crazy. I promise I'm perfectly stable. I just can't bare to see what he's doing to those people." Azalea's eyes softened.

"You don't think they're monsters or anything?" She asked.

"Not at all! My brother refers to me as a sympathizer. I prefer actual sane person. Almost everyone else here thinks me crazy, but I promise, not all vampires desire to harm every human in sight..." She trailed off, looking at the ground.

"I'm Rebekah Mikaelson." She smiled. Azalea looked back up at her.

"Azalea De Luca. My friends call me Aza." Azalea introduced herself.

"Well, Aza, come on then. You should meet my brothers." Rebekah linked arms with the human.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Azalea said, before Rebekah dragged her over to the group of men that were previously staring at her. She gave an awkward smile.