four

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・..・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚕?"

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・..・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Davina was spreading salt, sand, and herbs around an hourglass on the table in the courtyard to prepare for a spell.

"So, what are you doing again?" Azalea asked, watching Davina with intent.

"Kaleb will link this hourglass to Esther's. Ours will mirror hers." Davina explained to Azalea, as well as Cami.

"When the last sand falls, Esther will try to jump her into you." Marcel said, directly to Cami this time.

"That's when I'll redirect the spell from you to Esther. It's meant to jam the signal just long enough to keep that kind of magic from working against anyone." The witch finished.

"If it works." Cami pointed out, anxiously.

"It'll work! When Rebekah attacks, Esther won't be able to jump her into you, or herself anywhere else." Marcel reassured her.

"And we're sure Kaleb is on board?" The witch  asked, Marcel and Davina both nodded in confirmation.

"He's on board. He's a thief and a liar, but, like Elijah, he doesn't give his word lightly." He said, Cami continued to look anxious. She looked over at Azalea.

"He will. As long as I've known him I know when He's telling the truth." She remarked, with a swift nod. Cami seemed to calm down the slightest bit.

"Why are you even here?" Davina asked Azalea.

"Because Nik needs someone to supervise you bumbling idiots, and I was the only one with a free schedule." She said in a bored voice, sitting down.

After a minute of silence, the hourglass began to pour. Azalea sat straight up in the chair she had slumped down in.

"It's working." Davina concluded. Azalea decided against giving her a snarky response in return, staying silent. Cami nervously stood to her feet to pace around the room.

As the sand began to diminish, everyone in the room got more tense.

"Now." Marcel told the witch, but Davina seemed to have different plans.