seventeen

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'..'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎, 𝚜𝚘 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚗"

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'..'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"Morning, sunshine. You look pathetic." Tyler insulted Klaus as he walked in the house.

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets." Klaus threatened, watching as Azalea stirred, barely asleep.

"My friends will be back with the cure by then. So, I could shove it down your throat and make you mortal." He said.

"I'm an Original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? I.e., you."

"You know what I think? I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire, our whole blood connection to you is broken, and your sire-line ceases to exist. So, whatever happens to you, happens only to you, which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die. Although I am still debating just how to do it." Klaus vamped towards Tyler, but couldn't get him due to the barrier.

"I recommend drowning. There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath. And let me tell you, your mother was a fighter." Tyler glared at Klaus, who looked pleased with his taunting. Azalea woke up, looking around before her face filled with sadness.
Caroline entered through the back door, seeing Tyler.

"You're still here? What are you doing?" Caroline asked Tyler.

"Gloating." Tyler said, pouring himself a drink. Klaus emerged from the living room and walked as far as he can within the barrier of the spell.

"Hello, Caroline." She glared at him for a moment before looking back at Tyler.

"Come home. Don't stoop to his level." Caroline remarked.

"He destroyed my life. I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill him myself."

"And she just lost the love of her life." Caroline looked at Azalea, who was balled up on the couch. She sighed at Tyler's determination. "Fine. You can gloat and multitask. This place is a disaster. Starting with a horrific burnt corpse."

She found a table cloth in a cabinet and she and Tyler used it to cover up Kol's body. Klaus watched them with a slightly tortured expression.

"Tyler's mother is dead. So is my brother. We're even." He said, hurting Azalea's heart. "Call Bonnie. Get her to let me out of here."

"I will never, ever, help you." Caroline responded.

"How quickly you forget the part where I saved Tyler from the misery of being a werewolf. Or the night your mother invited me into her home to save the life of her precious daughter." Klaus reminded them.