fifteen

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'..'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"𝚕𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝙽𝙾𝚃 𝚠𝚒𝚙𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍"

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'..'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Azalea woke up, quickly coming to the realization that she had, in fact, not died. She sat up quickly, shaking Kol to wake him up. "Kol. Kol!"

He woke up with a start, surprised. "I'm okay. How? Something's wrong."

"Does it matter? You're alive. We should leave, go far away, where none of my siblings know where to find us." Kol suggested. She shook her head.

"Kol... You know I won't let you do that. Do you know how many times you've tried to elope?"

"Eight times I've asked you to run away from my family with me. Seven times you said no-"

"-And the time I said yes, Nik daggered you and didn't let me leave his sight for a century." She interrupted, as they heard thunder in the distance.

"Nik is gone now. I doubt Elijah is gonna chase us across the globe." Kol assured her.

"Kol... We are free. Nik isn't at our throats, Rebekah isn't eavesdropping on us, and Elijah isn't here telling us to behave ourselves. Just lay in bed with me. It's raining outside."

So, they lived their lives. They traveled for the next month, until they were called back to Mystic Falls by Rebekah, to be enlisted in helping her search for the cure.

"We came to Mystic Falls to help my sister find some professor? Can't we just kill him and leave?" Kol asked, as he dragged Atticus Shane down the halls of Mystic Falls High, towards the library.

"Kol, stop being such a grump. Professor, I'm sorry for his attitude. He gets moody when he's hungry." Azalea teased walking in front of the men. Shane only grunted.

Azalea pushed open the door, walking inside the library and drawing all the attention to herself and Kol. "Bex, Didn't know this was such an inclusive event."

"Sister...Look at this! You're even worse than Klaus."

"Aza, Kol, finally. Did you two bring what I asked for?" Kol dragged Shane into Azalea's grasp harshly, who grabbed him by the shoulders and pushed him forward.

"You must be Shane." Rebekah looked at everyone in their seats. "None of you move. I've got a little business to handle."

Rebekah grabbed Shane by the arm, taking him out the door, Azalea and Kol following. Rebekah walked a little further, passing Shane to Kol, before using her strength to open the locked door. Kol shoved him into the Janitorial closet, the two blondes close behind him.