Chapter 1

Waking up everyday was becoming harder and harder, I didn't feel any reason to live anymore having lost my parents in a car crash 3 years ago and lost all our properties to the bank I live with my aged and sickly grand mother. I was an only child so I had to fend for myself and my nana.

I worked two jobs everyday, I took the morning shift at a breakfast shop and worked till early evening then I took the night shift at a small diner close to where I lived. Life was not good enough but we were surviving.

I looked at my clock and I noticed I was awake before my normal alarm time which was 6am I couldn't sleep anymore so I got up and started preparing for my shift which starts at 8am I took a cool shower and by the time I was out it was 6:30.

My nana was still just getting up so I rushed and prepared her breakfast before leaving for work. I shouted " bye nana" and she said "see you daphne" I smiled when I heard her say my name, I always love my name it was my mum's name too so I always thought about her whenever I heard my name, I loved my parents but death took them away.

I left our little house by 7:35 to make it before 8. I took a bus to the coffee shop right on time.

When I got in I met my coworkers Jack and Freda already preparing to start the day the both said in unison "hi daphneeeeeeeeee" I smiled at how they stretched my name I replied "Hi guys, how're you?" .

I rushed over to the staff room to change into my uniform which was a cream colored shirt and checked skirt with my brown apron and my notepad and made my way back to the front desk to start my shift.

On my way I met Micheal our manager and called out a "good morning" to him and continued to the front desk.

Customers began trooping in because it was time for breakfast and that's when we had the most sales only a few people came in for an early lunch later in the day.

I noticed a very handsome guy walk into the shop looking so out of place in his perfectly tailored suit with his dark brown hair gelled back looking all smooth and nice I looked away and continued my work, I noticed the cute stranger sat in my station so It was my cue to go attend to him and ask for his order. "Welcome, what will you like to order?" I said, "what do you presume I order miss?" The cute stranger said, I told him about our special breakfast menu then he ordered a cappuccino and pancakes and I went to get his order and served him together with his bill, there was this way he kept looking at me but I just ignored it and went about my business when he was done he paid and left me a tip.

After a stressful afternoon i got off from my shift and started making my way to my other job.
Time went away fast and soon I was home and very tired I just said hi to nana and prepared a very nice dinner before I slept off with dreams of the handsome stranger on my mind.

So there is the first chapter, please vote and comment and tell me how I did
Thanks I'll be updating soooon❤️
Loveeee