Chapter 20

Enjoying the story? please vote.

Williams's POV:

I sat on my office desk after she left, what could I possibly do to make it right? This feeling in my heart was beyond anything I have ever felt. I could count about 1 million ways I wanted to kill Mellisa for this mess.

At about 6:30, I left the office and headed for our normal spot to meet Evans. When I got there he was already seated there with a woman clinging to his body and hanging on his every word.

This was the life I lived before I met her, me and Evans, we did this together but I had no interest in random girls anymore, I just wanted one person, which unfortunately may never be mine again.

I walked up to him and the lady looked up at me, I gazed at the girl "Leave" I said firmly, she stood up and sulked away. I sat down and looked in the direction she strode off to. "You need to stop your womanizing Evans, find someone and settle down" I said to him, "Yoooo, leave me out of this, we are here for your problem" He said laughing.

"So what happened?" He inquired, I explained everything that happened to him from that morning up until now. "Hmm, so Daphne caught your kissing Mellisa?" He asked, "Yes she did" I replied. "Well, she must have been pretty upset to react that way, but I know just what to do" He said with a smirk on his face.

"Women love extravagance and need a little push sometimes, do you know any of her friends?" He asked, "Uhmm, not really. She doesn't have much friends but she's close to my receptionist at least they go to lunch together" I said. "Good, now you need her services" He said and continued telling me his plan to get her to forgive me. "Are you positive she'll forgive me after this?" I asked desperately, "Yes man" he replied, "okay, I'll give it a try" I said.

"I have to say man, this lady got you real bad" He said laughing at me. "Shutup, you wouldn't understand it since you're so unserious" I said and punched him playfully on his shoulder. We drank a bit and then called it a night.

I got home a little after 11pm but I didn't feel tired or sleepy so I decided to work a bit. We had this awards event that we normally held for staff of those in the working industry, my company was the host this year, so that meant extra work for everyone. The event was to hold by the end of the week, that was part of the things I was discussing with Daphne this morning.

I contacted the necessary people and made a budget and signed off funds for the preparation of this event, this year's theme was a grand masked ball. Daphne already knew what to do and I'm sure she was preparing well for it. After a while, I went up to bed to catch some sleep.

Daphne's POV:

I had little or no sleep last night, that scene kept replaying in my mind, I willed myself to forget it but I couldn't and every time I had a flashback of it I broke into tears. Why did he do that to me?

I got up from bed and walked into the bathroom for a quick shower. After I had a bath, I walked into my closet and picked the first dress I saw, I had no interest in how I looked at all. I sat in front of my vanity mirror and saw how swollen and puffy my face was from the crying. I applied some concealer on my under eyes to reduce the dark shade and pulled my hair into a tight bun.

After I was done dressing up, I picked up my flats and my nude handbag and headed for the door. I was going to talk to Tessa to let me stay with her for a while since her place was close to work also. I hopped into a bus and sat by the window seat needing peace and quiet.

The award ball was soon so I didn't have to spend much time in the office since I had to prepare for it. It was a very big event so it required much attention, the setup and the general success of the party showed how much your company was worth. It was an award show on the top but underneath it was just a show of money.