Chapter 4

Williams's POV:

I caught up with my old buddy and Bestfriend Evans, who happened to be the only person that could tolerate my crappy mood. We went to a club downtown to have some drinks and chill out for a while.

The whole place was filled with girls that had barely clothes on dancing around with flimsy materials covering little or nothing on their body. Many of them threw themselves at me of course I was one of the youngest billionaires in the country but I wasn't really interested in that at all.

At about midnight, we decided to head home. I was very tired and immediately slumped into my bed and dozed off into a very deep sleep.

Daphne's POV:

I had little or no success so far with my job hunt, many of these companies I had gone to rejected me, but the few that raised up my hopes usually demanded sex as compensation for my lack of experience.

"Still looking for jobs?" Beatrice shook me out of my thoughts. "Oh yes, I can't give up ay". "I told you that you didn't have to work, you can just stay with me for free!" Beatrice said. As nice as that sounds I'll probably die of boredom if I don't find a job. "Okay, suit yourself silly", join me for dinner now though.
Coming, let me just apply for some more jobs.

The next day I got a call to attend an interview fixed for the next day. I was excited and silently prayed to myself that this would be the one.
When Beatrice got back I informed her that I'd be attending and interview the next day, "I hope it's your last and you get the job babes" she said. "Thank you, I hope so too".

The next morning , I got up early so I could meet up and get there early because you know the expression that says "first impressions matters most". I dressed in a green gown a my old white heels which I got for my 20th birthday.

I think I looked okay and I was ready to leave

I think I looked okay and I was ready to leave. I got into a cab and gave him the address to the place I was going to and asked him to hurry up a bit so I wouldn't be late for my interview.

When I got there, I immediately felt intimidated, it was a very tall skyscraper made of glass with boldly written letters WALLACE ENTERPRISES.
I offered a silent prayer and made my way into the office.

I met the receptionist at the entrance and told her my reason for coming, she took my jacket and directed me to the 25th floor, where the interviews were holding.

The 25th floor was filled with all sorts of ladies, mostly dressed like they were ready to walk the runway in their attires. This really deflated my self esteem, coupled with the fact that a girl just ran out of the CEO's office crying.

I was already picking up my stuff and ready to go away when I heard my name "DAPHNE RIVERS" a bored voice called out, you're next. "Oh heavens" I whispered.

The office was a very beautiful one, it had morden state of art office furnitures, alongside some beautiful paintings hung of the wall to beautify the room. The paintings for some reason gave me a sense of calmness within.

Suddenly, I heard someone clear their throat. "Oh shit" I zoned out again. "Good morning Mr Wallace" I said before looking at the person I was talking to. The face looked really familiar but I couldn't seem to place it, all of a sudden it all came back flashing to me! He was the guy I met in the coffee shop.

"How are you here? What are you doing here?" I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind.
"I don't see anything wrong in being in my office, Miss Rivers" He snapped. "Oh I'm sorry" I said quickly.

The interview went well, and I felt really at ease. He wasn't really kind to me but it felt good seeing Mr stranger again.

I made my way home and I was resting when I heard my phone ring. "This is Tessa Johnson from Wallace Enterprises, is this Miss Daphne Rivers?" "Oh yess it's me" I said.
"Congratulations, you've got the job. Please do well to start from tomorrow at 9am. Goodbye" and with that the call ended.
I screamed for joy, finally I had a job. I was so excited and I started preparing for the next day.

Williams's POV:

I was getting irritated with the interviews already, most of these women had nothing in their brains and just wanted to land themselves in my bed.

I screamed at the last lady that entered my office, when she blabbered pointlessly, I instantly lost my temper. Have this women no shame? "Next!!" I said.

Suddenly, my angel face walked into my office. I blinked to make sure I wasn't dreaming, but there she was, looking so beautiful as she zoned out while admiring the interior of my office.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat to gain her attention. I noticed her shock when she recognized me, but I pretended not to know her and snapped at her. "Oh damn, why did I do that?"

I just asked her the necessary questions and asked her to leave my office. Deep down in my mind I knew she was the one I had chosen. I asked my receptionist to ask the other ladies to leave as I have found my new PA.

I was very excited that I was going to be seeing her again and I immediately instructed to have her start the next day. "Work is going to be fun from tomorrow" I smiled devilishly.

Dang!
End of chapter 4. Thank you everyone for reading and voting and commenting, I love you all triple much❤️. This is my longest chapter it's about 1000 words and I'm so proud of myself.
Please continue to share, thanks ❤️