Chapter 27

Williams's POV:

The sirens of the ambulance drew closer as my cries became louder. My whole world was blurred, my light had disappeared, all around me was just darkness. In front of me played every single memory we had. I wish I had spent more time with her, I wish I had given her my world. I wish I had told her I loved her.

The paramedics pushed me away as they took her away from me. I could see panic in their eyes as they carried her away. I crouched down on the floor and fresh sobs overtook me. My heart felt like it was wrung out of my chest and it left a space that can never be filled. A big dark hole, a painful hole never stops be healed.

I felt Evans lift me up and direct me to our car. He entered the driver's seat and started driving following the ambulance. I sat by his side with my eyes closed and tears slipping out of them. Memories flashed through my mind.

"You look like a baby" I heard her say when I walked out of her apartment in anger.
"Why are you so cute my big bad boss, you're like a cute harmless scary little giant" she said in between giggles.
"I wish we never end" she said falling asleep in my arms.
"How does your dream home look like?" I asked her, "I don't know but it's anything with you in it" she said clinging to me.

Fresh sobs overtook me as I remembered all the moments we spent together, our little fights and all the happiness thereof. "C'mon man, we're at the hospital" Evans tapped my shoulder. I walked out of the car and walked into the hospital.

We filled some forms and were directed to sit and wait for the doctor to arrive. After about 4 hours, a doctor walked up to us, "Guardian for Miss Rivers" he asked, "Yes doctor" Evans replied, I just sat there staring into a wall. "Miss Rivers was brought in at a very bad condition, she was almost confirmed dead until she mysteriously picked up again. She's still in a very critical state but we are trying our best. She lost too much blood and is now in coma, we will wait till she wakes up to know the next step" The doctor said. "Can we see her now?" It was Evans speaking this time, "Yes, follow me" The doctor said and lead the way. I got up and followed him.

She laid there almost lifeless, she was pale, too pale for comfort. There were machines connected everywhere in her body beeping and making tiny sounds. She still looked beautiful even almost dead, I bent down and kissed her forehead.

"We have to go man" Evans said some minutes later, "Go, I'll stay" my voice came out as a whisper, "I want to be here when she wakes up" I said as I sat down on the adjoining chair beside her bed holding her hands.

Evans had left but he came back the next morning with some of my stuff. I stayed up all night watching her almost invisible breaths. I wish I could take this for her, I wish I could be the one lying there not her, she didn't deserve this, definitely not because of me.

Five days had passed but she was still in coma and for those five days I never left her side except to bath or get some food. I handed my company over to my deputies and I did some work from my laptop here in the hospital. Tessa, Beatrice and even Jason had visited and left flowers but I was always there by her side waiting for her to wake up. The doctors had advised me to go but I refused insisting on staying with her.

Daphne's POV:

It felt like a big log of wood was placed on my body, I tried to move but I couldn't, my body won't respond to me. I tried opening my eyes but they were glued together refusing to bulge.

"Doctor, when will she wake up? Are you sure you're doing your very best?" I heard a voice ask, I think it's Williams, oh my Williams. I've missed him so much. "She'll be fine, her vitals are improving everyday" I heard the doctor respond.