Chapter 9

Daphne's POV:

The weekend went by as it came, I spent all Saturday after Mr Wallace dropped me off in bed until the evening when Beatrice returned. It felt like weeks since I'd seen her last, we talked about anything and everything and tried to catch-up.

I spent Sunday arranging my schedule and looking up on work for this week. The Watson deal was supposed to be closed by Monday afternoon, so I was making sure everything was in place and rereading and making corrections on the final contract.

The later part of the day, I cooked and talked with Beatrice, she told me how things were going with Sean and her office. By the time we went up to bed it was already past midnight.

By 6am, It felt like I just had a blink of sleep when in the real sense of it, I had almost 5 hours of sleep. I got up and started preparing for work, I took a cab and got to the office a little late.

As I walked into the office, Tessa called me to the reception "What in the hell happened with you and the boss Daphne? He just called me to let me know that you were together and you were sleeping. I need the juicy details my friend!!" She giggled. "Alright, I'll tell you at lunch. I'm a little late now" I said as I scurried away to the elevator. "See ya then" She called out.

I got to our floor and heard Mr Wallace talking on the phone, "Oh shit, he's already here" I said to myself. I walked into his office just as he ended his call, "Good morning Mr Wallace" I greeted. "What's good about the morning, you're late!" He responded angrily. "Oh where's the nice Mr Wallace I met during the weekend now?" I thought to myself, "I'm so sorry sir, it won't happen again" I apologized. "Well it shouldn't, without wasting anymore time you know how important today is right?" He asked. "Yes sir I do" I replied, "so I need you to go and prepare the conference room now, we have about an hour before Mr Watson comes. I hope you have reviewed the contract and there are no mistakes? He said. "Yes sir, everything's perfect" I said. "You may go now, make sure you're present during the meeting." He ordered. I replied him and left the office.

I walked to the conference room and arranged the room exactly how it should be, I placed a note pad and a glass of water in-front of every chair. I tested all the microphones and the projector, everything was in good condition. A little while later, the men started trooping in and the meeting commenced.

Williams's POV:

I walked into the conference room and all the men stood up to greet me but I had my eyes focused on just one person, my angel face. I took my place at the head of the table and she sat down by my right hand side looking as beautiful as ever, I noticed however that I wasn't the only one in the room admiring her beauty.

As she stood up to make the presentation and explain the deal, I felt a wave of possessiveness flood me. Every man in the room was hanging on her every word and looking at her with lust clear in their eyes, I had a very stern look on my face because it displeased me. She had that effect around her, dressed in a black and white polka dot shirt and a simple black knee legit skirt, she managed to turn the heads of the 21 men present at that meeting.

The contract was signed and the men trooped out of the room leaving myself, Daphne and Mr Watson. She stepped out to get a file in my office when Mr Watson said "Son, why don't you hand over your PA to me, I like that one she looks feisty" The weary old man said. If he wasn't paying me so much money and he didn't look like he was going to die soon I could have beat him to a pulp. "No, she's not for giving Mr Watson, I'd appreciate if we don't talk about that again" I replied him in a stiff tone. The thought of her with any other man ached me to my bones and I wouldn't see to that. "You never had any problem giving others to me son, what's different with this one? Or do you have something going on with her?" He said mischievously. "No, I don't. When should I meet you for further discussion?" I said as I changed the topic. "I'll inform your PA when I'm ready" He said. Just then Daphne walked in and handed me the file, I shook hands with Mr Watson and he left my building. "I'll have to make sure I personally take care of anything concerning that man from now because I don't want him anywhere near my angel face.

We got out of the conference room together and headed to the my office. Once we got in I asked her to grab a note pad and sit. "We would have a celebration for the closure of this deal by Friday evening, find a venue and invite at most 100 people; 50 from us and 50 from Mr Watson's side. Also all dealings with Mr Watson will be handled by me from now on, Is that clear?" I asked her, She nodded in response. "Also you are going to be present in the party, you may go now." She nodded and stood up.

I watched her back as she walked out of my office, the way her brown hair cascaded down her back, the way she swayed her hips as she walked out the door were all totally mesmerizing to me. In the past few months she has worked for me I'd learnt so much about her, her favorite food is pasta, her favorite color is black, she lived with a friend named Beatrice and many other things. I had grown attached to looking at her face, I loved seeing how the tendrils of her hair dropped down to her face when ever she was stressed or couldn't get something done. I loved seeing the excitement on her face when the littlest things happened to her, all these things made me more attracted to her, I just didn't know the right way to go about it to her.

Daphne's POV:

A while later, the meeting was over everybody trooped out of the meeting room except myself, Mr Wallace and Mr Watson. Mr Wallace asked me to get some files from the office, I hadn't quite closed the door when I heard Mr Watson ask Mr Wallace to give me to him. "OMG, is it what I'm thinking. Does he mean give me to him sexually?? He looked old enough eww" I thought. I paused my thinking and waited for Mr Wallace to respond, "No she's not for giving Mr Watson, I'd appreciate if you don't talk about this again" he responded. "But you never had a problem giving the others to me, what's different about this one? Or do you have something going on?" Mr Watson continued mischievously. "No" Mr Wallace said and changed the topic, I quickly ran to get the files and entered the room to give it to him.

When Mr Watson left, we headed to Mr Wallace's office which I nicknamed "The coven" that's a place for wizards, I recalled the reason why I gave it that nickname, it was the day he screamed at me for mixing up his schedule and then stormed back into his office.

He asked me to grab a notepad and a pen and sit down, "there's going to be a celebratory event for the closure of this deal on Friday evening " he started, "get a good venue that can accommodate about a hundred people, 50 from our side and 50 from Mr Watson's side, all dealings with Mr Watson would be handled by me from now. Is that clear?" He asked, "Hmm, did he not trust me to handle everything well" I thought. "Also you must be present at the party, you may go now" he said and I stood up and walked out of his office.

I was already tired and hungry, I didn't have time for breakfast this morning so I called Tessa and we went to grab lunch. Trust Tessa to not let me rest till I told her everything that happened on Friday night.

Once we had settled down and ordered our food, I started explaining everything to her, from me going out for some fresh air to meeting the drunken man to being saved by the boss and puking and passing out on him, lastly me waking up in a very unfamiliar room to a very familiar man that bought me clothes, breakfast and drooped me at home.

"Wow, that was surely something" she exclaimed, "anyway I need your help, we have a party by Friday, please help me prepare" I begged her. "Oh yes, of course I'll help" she answered. We talked about the venues as we finished our lunch.

I went back to my office to call and checkout the list of venues Tessa had given to me that the company regularly used. I was able to make reservations in one of them not too far from the office and I started handling other preparations.

Chapter 9 done
Please comment and vote
Thank youu💘💘
Another update is possible today