Chapter 13

Before you start please click the star button below, thank you❤️

Daphne's POV:

It was the day before we left for Paris, I especially was excited to go because I've never been there before and I heard of the many attractions there.

I got up from my very comfortable bed in his penthouse which I successfully kicked him out from, as this thought came to my mind I inwardly scowled. I took a shower and prepared to get ready for work.

As I sat I front of the vanity mirror, I noticed my hickey had faded and only a faint mark could be seen if you looked closely. I wore a fitted blouse with my pencil trousers and headed out for work, I had no breakfast because I didn't feel like it.

I grabbed a cab and sat it as my mind wandered back to him; I haven't had a proper conversation with him since and it felt really awkward between us, either way I know things would get better soonest but there was no denial that I felt an attraction to him.

I stepped out of the cab and paid the driver, I made a mental note to get my car when we got back from this trip, after all I was being paid handsomely with little or nothing to do with the money.

I worked into the building and smiled at Tessa who sat there smiling at me knowingly. When I got to my table I saw a sticky note that asked me to come into his office directly.

I knocked and waited, "come in" He said, I pushed the door open and walked in and there he was standing with his suit jacket off and his sleeves rolled up. He brushed his hands through his hair and looked up at me, "Are you gonna just stand there or come closer?" He said smiling a bit. I walked toward his table in the middle of the office, "Good morning Sir".

"Yes, good morning" He said, "Do sit, we have some preparations to make." I sat down in the chair opposite him, then he began "Have you made reservations for the hotel?" He asked , "Yes sir" I nodded. "Good, we leave at 7am tomorrow morning, I'll come pick you up so you need to be ready at about 6am, is that okay?" He asked. "Yes, that's fine sir" I said.

"So in the meantime, we have to arrange for the next few days we are gonna be away, I'll let you off by 4pm so you can get yourself ready, okay?" He said. I nodded and smiled, we went through some papers and made corrections to contracts and did a general overseeing of the company to last the next few days.

Everytime we brushed hands, or had any form of body contact I felt uncontrollable sparks ignite and fly through my body, I felt him look at me a few times and I, myself is guilty of the same thing. The air between us was very thick and tension; you could cut it with a knife. At about 2pm, most of the work was done, I excused my self to get a drink and also got one for him too.

I got off work by 4pm and went home, Beatrice was coming over when I told her I was traveling and I knew she was eager to hear everything that happened between my boss and I.

She was waiting for me when I got there, I hugged her tightly and together we walked into the apartment. "Wow, you live in fucking haven sisi" She exclaimed, I rolled my eyes typical Beatrice to exaggerate about everything. "Too bad I kicked the owner out" I said, she laughed and came over to the kitchen where I was trying to make something. Louisiana was in today it was her off day, so I decided to make Mac 'n' cheese, "Tell me everything" she ordered.

I told her everything that happened between us in detail, leaving nothing out, when I finished telling her she smiled. "How do you feel about him?" She asked seriously, "Well I really don't know, when we kissed I really liked it and everything feels right with him. The way he talk and even the way he treats me recently, I like how he makes me feel, I feel safe with him, I want to be my best when I'm around him but I'm just scared" I rambled. "Scared of what?" She exclaimed. "You obviously like this person, look how you're happy just talking about him" she pointed out. "Okay, I might like him a little bit, but does he like me?" I said looking down, she used her forefinger to lift my chin up, "You never know till you try right? Go for it baby girl, and if it doesn't work then that's fine too" she said and smiled at me. "You really think so?" I asked quietly, "Yes 100%, let your emotions out for once" she laughed. "Now please finish making the food while I help you pack, I brought a gift for you anyway."