Chapter 11

Please click the star button below

Williams's POV:

She was getting under my skin so bad, I parked my car and watched her go into the hotel. I felt so stupid for the way I behaved to her, watching her dressed like that during the party made me feel ways I'd never felt before. When I saw the tears in her eyes, I knew I couldn't hold back my feelings anymore. I started my car and drove straight to my penthouse.

I owned a couple of properties across the city, but my favorite was this penthouse and my mansion about 10 minutes away from the penthouse. I mostly stayed in the penthouse because it was closest to the office.

Recently, my house had began to feel a little bit too empty. I mean, I liked my space but I wanted someone around with me, "just say you wish daphne stayed here" my subconscious said. I chuckled because I realized I really wanted her here with me.

On Saturday afternoon after lunch, I was watching tv when I heard my phone ring, it was an unknown number but I picked it up anyway "Mr Wallace speaking" I said monotonously, "William, it's me Melissa" a feminine voice said.

_Flashback_
"Mellisa" I screamed with a voice full of hate, she released the man she was kissing and looked at me with a face full of shock. "Willy, I can explain" she said "save it" I hissed as I walked out of the room. That was the last time I saw her, it was about 7 years ago when I had just started my company and was not yet a billionaire. I heard she got married to and older man 4 years ago but that was the last I heard of her till now. Mellisa was my ex, she was my first and only girlfriend, I always knew her to be a materialistic person and someone that had love for money, I guessed that was why she dumped me. My friends warned me about her but I never listened. Looking back I wondered why I was so hooked on her, she was nothing like my angel face, she had extra large breasts and a waist that was too tiny and made her look like a Disney animation character.

_End of flashback_

"Willy, are you still there?" She asked, "I saw your picture in the Vogue issue last month as the city's most eligible bachelor, I'm really proud of you baby. Why don't we catchup over a cup of coffee sometime next week or do you want me to come over to your place?" She asked. I immediately understand what she was trying to do, "I see you haven't changed after all these years, don't ever call this number again" I hissed and cut off the phone, I added the number to my blacklist so she won't be able to contact me again. Good riddance!

The rest of the weekend went pass in a jiffy, I went out for a drink with Evans on Sunday evening, as we sat at the bar I began telling him everything about Daphne and how she made me feel. "Dude, you're in love" he said as he chuckled, "C'mon, I'm a little attracted to her or maybe a lot but I don't know about love" I replied unsure. "Okay" he said as he raised up his hands and smiled in defeat. We separated and went to our various homes, I looked forward to seeing Daphne the next morning. I slept peacefully that night and dreamt of her holding me tight and planting soft kisses on my face.

Daphne's POV:

I spent most of my weekend shopping and cleaning up the house since Beatrice was away, I lost count of time and fucked up my sleep schedule. I went to bed late on Sunday night and had a weird dream where I was in Mr Wallace's arms planting soft kisses on his face. I was really enjoying my sleep when a bright ray of sunlight shone on my face disrupting my sleep. Realization hit me as I jumped up and checked the time "Shit shit shit!! It was 7:30 already, "I'd never get to the office in time" I thought.

I ran around my house preparing quickly, I tripped in the bathroom and had a little cut on my arm, I couldn't have breakfast as I had no time to spare. Immediately I got out of the house, I heard thunder roar, the clouds started getting dark, "Oh no, this can't be happening" I exclaimed. I waited over 10 minutes in the rain before I could get a cab, the hold-up was a lot and I finally got in the office by 10:30am, an hour and 30 minutes late.