Chapter 8

Daphne's POV:

For the past week, Mr Wallace entertained all sorts of women in his office that all left in the same manner; flushed and messy. He irritated me more and more and became as grumpy as ever, I had no choice anyway he paid me really handsomely.

Today however, was no different. I watched as a leggy blonde staggered out of his office. It was Friday at least, I'd have a two day break from this eyesore.

The day went by quickly and soon enough it was time for me to leave, after saying goodbye to Mr playboy, I entered the elevator to go downstairs. I met Jason and Tessa talking at the reception.

"Hey chic, wanna come with us for some drinks?" Asked Jason. It was Friday and I really had nothing doing besides Beatrice was almost always with her boyfriend so I'd be home alone and bored. "Sure" I quipped. "Okay, I'll text you the address later see ya by 7" He replied. "Thank you, see ya" I waved to them as I left.

I think those drinks are probably what I need right now, I planned to stay over at Tessa's after we left the club since my place was a little far and she agreed.

I started preparing to leave, I walked into my closet and found the perfect dress. A blue bodycon dress that displayed my curves and showed a lot of skin too. It was the perfect dress for a night out, I planned to have so much fun tonight and be carefree, "I really had a rough week at work."

After I was done dressing and applying my make up, I put on my coats and my black heels and hailed a cab

After I was done dressing and applying my make up, I put on my coats and my black heels and hailed a cab. I showed the cab driver the address Jason sent to me and we started going.

I got there just on time, and I met Jason, Tessa and some other of our coworkers outside, and we all went in together.
The club had a modern setting, low lights and loud music. It was packed with people since it was a Friday night. We found a table and sat, Tessa tapped me "let's go get some drinks" we stood up and headed to the bar.

I wasn't really good with alcohol the few times I had a taste so I opted for something light. Tessa suggested we play a shots game, I agreed "it isn't so bad I guess". When we got back to the table, everyone was chatting and laughing, I felt like I was being watched and I looked around but I didn't see anyone so I continued drinking and laughing.

A while later, I had taken about 4 shots and I was feeling lightheaded already, "let's dance" I suggested. Everyone stood up and we all started dancing. Jason and I were dancing and talking. "I'm going outside I need to get some fresh air" I screamed to Jason over the loud music, "oh okay" he replied.

I made my way outside, I was feeling really lightheaded already, I stood by the curb in front of the club when some alcohol smelling man came towards me, "Hi pretty lady" he said with a coarse voice, his breath reeked of alcohol. "Hi" I said and walked away, he followed me "how about we get out of here and go somewhere more private? I'd pay you a lot" he said, I didn't respond and I walked away faster. Suddenly he yanked my arm and said "I'm talking to you bitch, answer me!" He screamed angrily.
"Leave the lady alone" I heard a very familiar voice say, I turned and looked up, "Mr Wallace" I said surprised "Or what? This is none of your business, go away" The drunken man said still holding my arm roughly. Mr Wallace punched the man on his face which made him fall to the ground, he stood up and ran away in fear.