Chapter 10

Special love to @sweet-ij ❤️

Daphne's POV:

The whole week was spent preparing for the party on Friday, I'd visited the venue so many times that I lost count. I really didn't want to mess this up for my boss because I was sure he'll get extremely pissed.

I'd gone to the venue this morning to check how things were going, I spoke with the event planner about the theme color which was black and gold. I had sent out invitations to 100 people but I made provisions for 150 people incase of any plus-ones or last minute invites.

Mr Wallace also spent most of his time at Watson Corp, Mr Watson offered to come over to our company for the meetings and final signings but William refused, I wondered why he did that.

It was Thursday already and I didn't have a dress yet, I'd prepared so much I forgot about my self and what I would wear. I have been lodged in a hostel close by to the party venue for the past 3 days so I called Beatrice who was more fashion oriented than I was to pick out a dress and have it over to me by Friday morning.

The plan was to have Tessa at my hotel by Friday afternoon so we could assist each other with dressing up. The event was supposed to start by 7pm but we had to get there by at least 6:30 for any last minutes preparations, so we would leave the office by 2pm and have about 3 hours to dress up.

The long awaited day came, in the morning I went first to the venue before heading to the office. I tied up every loose end at the office and grabbed a quick lunch before informing Mr Wallace that I was leaving to get ready.

I entered into his office, "Sir, your custom made suit with the swavonski crystals suit should be at your home already by now, so you need to get off work by at most 5pm, so you'll have enough time." I said while reading my note pad. When I looked up I saw him staring at me with something I couldn't quite read in his eyes, suddenly my mouth felt dry and the space became too tight in the office, "Ahem" I cleared my throat as he broke the eye contact. "I'll be on my way now sir" I said, "see you later Daphne" he said with a soft tone.

Getting downstairs, I met Tessa already waiting for me. We immediately took her car and headed to my hotel. During the drive there, I was lost in thought of the way he looked at me back there. "Is everything okay? you seem a little quiet" she asked, "Yes I'm fine, just nervous" I half-lied.

Beatrice had already sent over my dress, it was a floor length fitted black dress that clenched my body, it had a spaghetti strap and crystals all over it. It looked so beautiful on me and showed off little of my cleavage, I paired it with my gold heels and a gold clutch. Tessa wore a strapless knee length gold dress that had a flair from the waist area and matched it with black heels and a black clutch. She did my make up a little bold while I fixed her hair in return, I looked so beautiful and a little different.

We got to the venue by 6:30pm and checked around for last minute touches and arrangements. At about 7pm, the guests started trooping in, I went around greeting the guests and familiarizing myself with them. It was then I saw him arrive looking breathtaking in his suit, he had a clean shaved face and stood out like the sun. He turned and our eyes locked, we were at opposite sides of the room but at that moment it felt like we were the only ones in the room everyone else faded away, he maintained the eye contact and walked towards me. "Good evening sir" I greeted him and broke the eye contact, "Hi Miss Rivers, I take it that everything is perfectly done" he said as he looked around the place, "you did a mighty fine job here, I must commend you" he said as I smiled.

He left me to go greet some guests, I made my way to the bar to get a drink. As I fiddled with my drink I felt someone tap me, I turned around "oh Jason, how're you?" I said, "if I didn't know better, I'd say you're disappointed to see me" he said sulking. "No, of course not" I laughed, "its been a while that's all". The music had started playing when we started talking, a while later Mr Williams came towards me and said, "May I have this dance?" "Of course" I replied as he stretched his hand out to me which I took. I'll be back Jason, "I'm waiting here he said".