Chapter 2

Evette's POV

Since I was recovering, my parents got back to their works. But I never joined school, mom got me a homeschool teacher and I graduated when I turned eighteen.

As soon as I turned eighteen, my dad bought a house for me and Riley in LA.... The one and only Riley. I've been begging and begging for months, and then he finally let me since I turned eighteen. Then I left my childhood home to pursue my dreama as a writer.

My illness wouldn't let me leave the house and have fun, cause I randomly get sick in the most random moments, (I hope you get the idea) because of my cancer. I was naturally a homebody. But Riley was totally the opposite. She was naturally a social butterfly, easy going, my personal therapist. She always motivate me to graduate. She's the only reason I graduated, to be honest.

I loved to write poems and fictions, Riley was always there for me when I need some inspiration. She's simply the best and I love her to pieces. And she's THE ONE who introduced this beautiful Billie Eilish to me.

I'm way too much obsessed with Billie Eilish. She's my motivator to write, to LIVE actually, apart from Riley. I've watched each and every interview of her that I can watch from YouTube, that I memorise the questions and her answers.

I'd DM her on instagram saying how much she meant to me, how she inspired me. It's not that she's gonna see them and reply but I like it anyways. And I was one hell of a fan to tell the truth.

And I heard that she's setting up a last minute show at the Greek Theatre tomorrow. I wish I could go there. I've never met Billie even if I get a chance because of my freaking illness. But my fever never leave me since yesterday so I'll just stay at home, chilling and overthinking about the things I'll be missing.

Time skip : The Next Day

Billie's POV

I was supposed to take a break from the tour for three days, three fucking days. I was supposed to have some alone time in my room at home. But my manager and my parents ruined it all. Great.

I was so unmotivated, I hadn't written a thing for like three months. I just couldn't write anything, nothing came into my mind. And I was beyond exhausted from the tour.

But my managers Danny and Brandon never let me get some rest. They forced me to write something but I couldn't. "Useless piece of not even an art" they called it. I tried to fire them TWICE, but my parents are on their side. It's just me and Finneas against everyone else. They only want to make money out of me. This shit is really suffocating. I'm gonna be eighteen in three months, and no one's gonna see me again after I am legal, I swear to God, I'm gonna be out of their hair in three months.

So the bitches set up this fucking last minute show at the Greek Theatre. I was so excited. NO I WASN'T.

-------

The show was about to start, I was in the green room, getting ready for the show, mostly overthinking. I couldn't do it anymore. They're trying to make money out of me through my talents. Shit's not fair.

I was standing there, in front of the mirror, fixing my hair. "Breathe, Billie, breathe" I was telling myself "Fake a smile, force a laugh and do what you need to do" I didn't even bother to say "it's gonna be okay" cause I know nothing's gonna be okay.

The crowds were chanting my fucking name.

I started tearing up when Brandon yells "Thirty seconds!" I immediately wiped my tears, forced myself to smile as wide as I possibly can. My parents, my best friend Zoe and Finneas's girlfriend Claudia were standing side stage and I ignored all of them as I ran past them.