Chapter 10

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

This is just a filler chapter

Evette's POV

I haven't heard anything from Billie for almost a week now. After the fangirl DM thingy I didn't even try to start a conversation anymore.

Riley went to visit her parents to our hometown so I had the house to myself. I was writing some shit when the knock on the door snapped me back to reality.

I stood up from the couch and went to open the door. I peeked through the peek hole but since I already put out the light I couldn't see who it was. I opened the door to reveal a puffy red eyed Billie with tear stained cheeks and a weak smile plastered on her face.

"Mind if I crash in your place tonight?" She asked.

She noticed one of her merch I had on and smirked. Damn.

"Come in" I took her hand and lead her into the living room as if she hasn't come in before.

---

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked as I handed her a glass of water. She shook her head.

"Okay" I sighed and sat down next to her.

"I'll explain everything later, I just don't feel like talking right now" she said taking a sip.

"How about a movie night?" I offered knowing she probably wouldn't say yes.

"I'm down" she replied with a smirk "I'll let you pick the movie"

"Okay then, a Disney movie night" I announced.

"Disney?" She asked with a look that said "Aren't you too old to watch Disney?"

"Yeah, we're watching my favourite 'Maleficent'" I said as I typed the word onto the search bar on Netflix.

"Okay" she said getting comfortable on the couch.

"Oh wait" I said as I went into the kitchen to get us something to eat. I grabbed the leftover vegan pizza that was on the kitchen counter along with some coke from the fridge and headed back.

---

We almost finished watching the movie when Billie paused it.

"So, do you mean to tell me that the true love's kiss that'd wake the Princess up was the bad guy's but not the Prince's?" She asked raising a brow.

I didn't know a person's confused face could be so cute.

"Yes, bad guy" I replied, laughing "Let's go back to the movie, it's almost over" I said and took a sip of my coke.

"Okay, and here's the true love's kiss from the bad guy" she said as she suddenly leaned in and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Pirate!" I shouted, almost choking on the sip of the coke.

"What?" She chuckled.

"Behave!" I replied and snatched the remote from her hand and resumed the movie.

---

"Let's go bitches need some sleep" I said as I held out my hand in front of her.

"I can take the couch" Billie mumbled staring blankly at the wall.

I didn't know what was bothering her, but I could tell it was pretty serious, like dead serious.

"Nah, I'm not letting you sleep on the couch" I said as I pulled her up and leaded her into my bedroom.

I pulled out my oversized t-shirt and the biggest pair of shorts that I own.

"The bathroom's right there" I handed her the clothes and then pointed towards the bathroom that was across the room.

I laid on my bed scrolling through my phone as I waited for Billie. About 15 mins later, she came out of the bathroom. She neatly folded up her clothes and placed them in the chair that sat beside the bathroom door.

She then proceeded to lie down next to me, keeping a safe distance between us.

"Goodnight, Angel" she whispered.

"Goodnight, Bad Guy" I whispered back and then I slowly drifted off to sleep.

---

I was woken up by the sound of sniffles and little sobs coming from Billie. She sat on the bed beside me, facing away. I slowly sat up and put my hand on her shoulder.

She turned around to face me and I pulled her in for a hug. After she cried for a while, she pulled away and looked me dead in the eyes.

"I think I'm ready" she spoke "I'm ready to talk"

"Okay" I said "I'm listening"

She took a few deep breaths before she spoke again.

"My manager and my parents tried to force me to write some songs. My manager said that he "let" me came out of the closet so I had to give him some songs in return. But it doesn't work that way. I had nothing to say, I was so shocked. I didn't know I had to give something in return to be myself"

She began crying again. I held her again but before I could say a word, she pulled away for the second time. I hated myself that I'm a slow thinker.

"I wrote some songs the previous month, with Finneas. But we keep it a secret. Finneas wants to produce them by himself.

"But somehow Brandon knows we have some new songs. He came over for dinner last night and I skipped the dinner. I knew what he was up to. Finneas and Claudia were there too. I heard them talking about me, Brandon said he thinks I'm writing some songs and keep it a secret.

"I have no idea how the hell he came up with that shit. And Finneas got my back, he told him to leave me alone. He even told him that he got enough money from the tour that he should let me get some rest."

She sniffled and took some deep breaths. And I figured out she did that to prevent herself from crying. I gently rubbed her back. "It's okay Bil" I whispered "it's okay"

"Bran- Brandon stormed into my room and searched for my notebook or anything where I might write a song. Finneas pulled him out of my room and Brandon punched him in the face. That was all bacause of me. If I didn't take up music as my career, none of that would happen, Evette" she looked at me with tears streaming down her face.

"Billie, if you didn't take up music as your career, I wouldn't be here anymore" I couldn't believe I just said that. "Well said Evey" I patted myself on the back mentally.

But she didn't seem to notice what I just said. She just stayed silent and stared into the abyss. I was so proud of myself but she just brushed it off. Okay.

"That is what keeps me going" she mumbled. "Even if I tried to give up, I can't. Bacause of you and my other babies. That is why I keep my new songs a secret. So that I can have something to give you in the future."

"Billie, we don't deserve you"

"You know that I read your DMs right? I really appreciate all the things you said. Thank you for supporting me and inspiring me, the real ones like you are really rare, Angel" she said with a soft smile.

"I really mean what I said" I whispered.

---

A filler.