Chapter 19

Evette's POV

I was cleaning and rearranging my room when I got a text from Drew. She asked me if I wanted to hangout with her.

"Just us" she said.

Riley said she wouldn't be home until 10pm so I could use a friend.

When I was about to text her back to tell her that I'm down, she said she have somewhere to take me.

"I have to take a shower first" I texted back.

"Take your time. I'll pick you up when you're ready" she replied instantly.

I stepped into the shower and stood there for a good minute thinking about Billie. She's always there when I hangout with the people she had a connection with but Drew said "just us".

After I zoned back in, I quickly cleaned myself up and changed into a random outfit that I pulled out from my closet.

I texted Drew that I was ready and she said she's on her way to pick me up.

Fifteen minutes later, we were in her car heading towards the beach.

"I want to get to know you better" she smiled. "No wonder why Bil can never stop talking about you" she added.

I blushed.

"You're a really good person, even if you didn't know me, being a Billie's fan, I feel like I've known you forever" I said.

We arrived at the beach, and decided to roam around and go to a place which is less crowded.

"Can I ask you something?" She said as we walked barefoot around the beach.

"Yeah?!"

"Do you like Billie?" She asked.

I looked away in order to hide my blush.

"I was a fan since she dropped 'Idontwanna....'"

"No, I mean, as a person? Like, more than just a friend?" She raised a brow.

"I really really really like her as an artist, as a person and more than just a friend" I admitted.

Her phone went off as she stared at me in awe and pulled it out from her pocket.

"Oh, shit" she said under her breath and went to a random app to read some article.

The article was about Billie, I assumed, cause she mumbled "this pirate is dead".

"Sorry... Ummm, what are we talking about?? Oh yeah, listen Evette you're a really good person, I can tell that from the day we met. Bil needs to be handled with-"

"Wait, what do you mean?" I cut her off.

"Ummm, nothing. Sorry"

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, ummm, wanna go to a bookstore? That's where I was originally planned to take you" she changed the subject.

"Yeah, sure"

"Let's go and turn the nerd mode on" she smiled.

---

As we drove towards the library, I scrolled through my Insta and found one of my favourite fanpages posting a photo of Billie dressed in all black with a bouquet.