Chapter 25

Evette's POV

"Mom, don't let Billie leave the house!!! Just lock her up in her room or som- Noooo.... fucking... don't let her get out even from her room. Alright thanks. I'm on my way" Zoe said.

"Sorry that's Maggie" she said ang started the car.

"Zoe..."

She hummed in response.

"What am I gonna do?" I whispered.

"Eve, I don't know much about them, to be honest. Billie didn't wanna talk about it much so we just pretend it didn't happen. One thing I know is that, Bil was pissed that it didn't work out, but since she met you, she has changed. She changed her view on love, dating and all. And I know for sure that she loves you more than anyone else" she reassured me.

"But Zoe, image being threatened by Riley's ex lover on what a side fling that you are and how she's gonna leave you. I don't really know what to feel about it" I admitted.

"It's all up to you, and I'm not gonna put the blame on you no matter what your decision is. Looks like a thing only the two of you can work out. You made it this far, I know you can get through this. I believe in both of you" she smiled.

Then I left it on that. I didn't want to overthink it any further.

---

"What's happening? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Billie asked as soon as she saw me walking into her room.

"Come here, Angel" she said and patted the spot next to her on the bed as soon as she noticed I just stood there beside the door.

I silently walked over to the chair beside her dresser and sat down. I really didn't want to cry, and tried my best to pull myself together.

"Evette..." She spoke. "Please talk to me"

I still didn't say a word cause I wasn't joking when I said I didn't want to cry.

"Tell me what that bitch does to you" she said and walked over to me. "Did she hurt you? Did she laid her hands on you? Please tell me" she said and squatted down to meet my eyes.

I couldn't even look at her in the eyes so I just stared at my folded hands on my lap.

She put one hand over my hands and one under my chin. She slowly lifted my face up to meet her gaze. I saw a flaming anger burning in her eyes but her voice was laced with care and concern.

Then I finally spoke.

"She said I'm a just side fling and a slave for your pleasure. And she said you're going to leave me and get back with her again-"

"I'm so fucking tired of Bregoli and her bullshit" she spat.

"You know that's not true, right?" She spoke and looked for a response or even the slightest change of expression on my face.

And there I go without saying a word again.

"Evette, please say something"

"Imagine being threatened by my ex on how easily replaceable you are and how I'm gonna leave you to get back with them. Stop being so selfish and try to think about the situation from my side, please" I half shouted.

"Baby-"

I freed myself from her and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

I stopped by the door without looking at her. I couldn't bear to see her face or else I'll fall head over heels all over again.

"Home" I said as I felt a tear glided down my cheek.