Chapter 9

Evette's POV

The non stop vibration of my phone woke me up the next morning. I grabbed it from the nightstand and saw it was flooded with notifications from Instagram.

As I clicked on the comment that said "who's @Evey Gravey?" It leaded me to Billie's latest post.

And then I found a selfie of me and her from the night we met with a caption that said "This angel right here is so precious. Keep fighting Angel, you're one of the strongest people I know" and tagged me.

"Keep fighting?" I thought.

Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

My DMs.

I wrote about me fighting cancer and shit in the messages.

I immediately checked it and saw it marked 'seen' at the very bottom of thousands of my messages. She didn't reply.

---

Timeskip : Saturday

I was so nervous to see Billie after knowing she read my messages. When I sent them, I wished she read them but not after we talked to each other.

I wanted her to read them as a fan's messages, I really do. But not as a friend's messages, if that's what I am to her.

She said she'd pick me up at 11am so I better go get ready.

I put on a pair of pale blue jeans with a nude tank top and let my hair down. And of course! A rose gold scrunchie on my wrist.

"Today's gonna be so awkward" I sighed and got out of my room to wait for Billie in the living room.

---

"So, do you wanna meet my brother?" She asked

"Yeah, I'd love to" I replied.

We pulled into the driveway in front of her brother's house and we both got out of the car.

Billie opened the front door to reveal Finneas sitting on the couch and Claudia peeking out her head from the kitchen.

"Hi, Bil" he said as he walked past his sister and held his hand out for me to shake.

"Hello, Billie's friend" he said, "Nice to meet you"

"Evette" I said smiling as I shook his hand "Nice to meet you too"

Finneas gestured towards the couch telling Billie and I to sit.

"Hello Evette" Claudia said as she sat down next to Finneas "and William" she continued.

Billie rolled her eyes at her.

"Are you guys hungry?" She asked with a friendly smile.

"Nah, we don't want your nasty food" Billie said sticking her tongue out at Claudia making me and Finneas laugh. "Let's go eat somewhere" she suggested.

"Bil, you know you can't go out looking like that" Finneas said in a serious tone. "You can't go out looking that ugly" he laughed.

"Damn, I tried my best to dress well for this double date" Billie pouted.

Finneas raised a brow at me.

"She's kidding" I smiled wishing she wasn't.

"Y'all let's go to my grandparents' café" Claudia announced. "We will not encounter many fans there" she said looking over at Bil.

"I don't want to eat your old grandpa's doughnut" she said with a blank expression.
"I drove to Evette's place and I'm safe without a bodyguard" she continued.

"I live literally a few blocks away" I mumbled which made all of us laugh.

"All right, you win" she looked over at Claudia as she took my hand in hers. "Let's go Angel" she said leading us towards her car.

"Angel?" I heard Claudia whispered but I didn't look back.

---

"I'm full" Billie said as she finished her fifth burrito.

Claudia was right. We didn't get hijacked by a fan at that café. The other customers were just old couples who were about Claudia's grandparents' age.

And they made a really good iced coffee there.

---

"I really love hanging out with you" Billie spoke as she drove me home.

"Me too" I said flashing a smile towards her.

"Thank you for listening to my rant the other night" she sounded so serious.

"Anytime, Bil. I'm sure as hell you'd do the same for me" I wasn't sure. I mean, she would listen if I "talk" but I wasn't sure if she'd really care like I did.

After she dropped me at my place and said our goodbyes I went inside, got changed and went back to my little notebook and continue with the shit I've been working on. Riley tries to convince me to publish my poetries a lot lately and that kind of inspired me to write.

___

Hey babes🖤

It was raining while I wrote this😌 and you know what I love rain yayy!!!

Anyways I love you guys more😉😏