Chapter 12

Billie's POV

The "goodbye" with Zoe went way better than I expected but the "discussion" stressed the hell out of me.

I woke up the next morning and I knew what I had to do. Time to talk to Drew about my escape plan.

"Dude, are you free today?" I texted her.

"Yup. What's good?" She replied.

"Mind if I kidnap you for a bit?" I texted back.

"Alright... But you better not try to kill me Eilish" she replied.

"Well about that.... Nvm. I'll pick you up at 10" I replied and stepped into the shower.

---

"Hi kidnapper, long time no see" she said and got into my car.

"Speak only if you're spoken to" I said sternly and started the car.

"Where-where are you taking me-me?" She fake stuttered.

"Stop talking or else there will be consequences" I smirked.

"I'm serious Pirate. Where are we going?" She asked again.

"To my brother's place dumbass. We can't hangout at my place for some reason and I don't wanna talk about it" I spoke.

"Okay..." She stared at me with concern. "Are you okay?"

I turned to face her and smiled as wide as I can. "See? I'm so good"

And then my phone rang for the hundredth time this morning. It was my mom. I pressed the decline button and turned off my phone.

Drew noticed the change in my expression.

"What's wrong?" She asked and she was about to piss me off.

"Listen, I don't want o talk about it, okay? I'll explain later" I faked a smile and the rest of the ride was silent.

I was feeling bad for shutting her up to be honest, she always care for me and make sure I am okay. But I was so pissed at my parents that I can't think straight.

When we got to Finneas's place, I thought they were going out for shopping but they're at home so that means no privacy to talk about my little crush. I don't want to talk about it around any member of my family.

"Drew, I'm sorry about what I said earlier. Let's just go for a drive and talk somewhere else. The house look kind of.... Occupied" I said trying to avoid eye contact at all costs.

"It's okay Bil. I understand" she smiled.

I don't know what I did to deserve her and Zoe. They're always so nice to me for how rude I am to them. I truly don't deserve them.

I pulled the hood of my hoodie over my head and sped away.

We went to Claudia's grandparents' café to grab some coffee and a couple around my parents' age recognised me. They asked for a picture for their kids and then I realised my little safe place was no longer safe for me.

We sat at the café drinking some good ass iced coffee. I didn't know how Drew would take this, Zoe took it pretty well and that was probably bacause I promised not to disappear into a foreign country without keeping in touch with her.

"I have something really, really really important to talk about" I spoke.

Drew took a sip of her iced coffee and nodded.

"I... Am leaving the country next Saturday" I spoke carefully examining her face.

She raised her eyes and looked me in the eyes.

"You're kidding" she mumbled.

I knew she would be disappointed and would proceeds to mention all the bad things that could possibly happen. She was a mother-type friend. She often acted like our mom and me and Zoe are her children.

"No I'm not" I said stirring my coffee with the straw.

"So you and your parents are moving?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Just me and Finneas" I said still not looking up.

"Your parents wouldn't let you do that" she said.

"They don't know we're leaving" I said and looked up.

"Bil..." She paused and thought for a moment. I guessed she's catching up. "Why?" She finally said after a long pause which gives me anxiety.

"I've been keeping some things from you for a while and I want to apologize for that" I started.

She nodded and listened to what I had to say.

"Well, that's fucked up" she forced a laugh. "You know what, I'd do the same" she admitted.

"You- What?!" I widened my eyes. "I thought you'd be pissed at me"

"Well, I'm disappointed that you're leaving me but I can't blame you. That's too much. I'm sorry" she said.

"But you know, Claudia's coming with you, and that kind of looks like you're gonna be the third wheel until you find yourself someone" she giggled.

"Well, actually, umm... I have a crush on a fan" I spoke.

She made an O with her lips and smiled. "Tell me who the lucky girl is" she teased "you haven't shoot your shot, huh?"

"Yeah, I just need some advice from you and Zoe. Oh, and Finneas. He told me to let him know before I jump to the conclusion" I said

"Well, maybe you should ask her. I mean, it might be a bit early but one can always hope. Anything could happen"

She never failed to cheer me up. She always knew what to say at the exact moment.

"But one more thing. You're not leaving looking like that, right?" She raised a brow.

"Yep, I'm changing my looks. But you know I might find it hard to change my style of clothing" I shrugged "I thought about it and I can't make up my mind"

"I'm down to help. I always wanted to see you wear something girly" she laughed.

---

After I dropped Drew at her place, I headed back to Finn's place.

"So what's your conclusion about the girl?" Finneas asked sitting on a chair across the bed that I've been sitting on.

"I-I... Think I better not tell her that I'm leaving" I said.

"Billie, I know how much you like her, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm proud of you for your decision" he spoke "she's literally living her best life and she's got nothing to run away from" he sighed.

"And I don't think you could bear being in a long distance relationship" he added and walked out through the door.

A/n

Hey mamas

We got a new story cover Yayy!!!

S/o to @MameLove02 for making the new cover. Thank you dude🖤

Share your thoughts in the comments below and please vote!