Chapter 11

Billie's POV

"Where the hell were you?" Finneas snapped as I stepped into their place. I slowly raised my eyes to meet his and then I noticed. His face. The bruises. The evidence of the fight that happened because of me.

"Finn-" I choked on my words as my eyes began to sting. I rushed to him and we embraced each other in a hug.

"As long as I'm here no one can hurt you" he whispered into my hair. "I brought some of your clothes home last night, you're staying with us for now. I put your things into the spare bedroom. Go get changed while I make something to eat" he patted my shoulder as he spoke. "We'll talk later" he smiled.

I nodded and went to clean myself up.

---

"I don't want to quit my career" I spoke as I stabbed a cube of pineapple with my fork. We've stayed silent for a good minute so I decided to break the silence.

"Where were you last night?" Finneas questioned without looking up from his plate. He didn't seem to care what I said.

"At Evette's" I mumbled.

"The Angel?" Claudia asked and I nodded.

Finneas's phone blew off and he picked up. I didn't know who was speaking at the other end of the line.

"Friday? Perfect. Thank you, Mark" he spoke and hung up. He cleared his throat and looked me dead in the eyes from across the table.

"Bil, I'm taking us out of this hellhole. Say your goodbyes to Zoe and Drew but don't let anybody else know. We're leaving next Friday, that means we have one week left."

It took me a while to process everything he said. I can't leave my babies without a trace. I can't leave Evette.

"Before we leave, I need to sort some feelings out" I said and Finneas didn't say a word.

"I know, Bil" Claudia smiled at me. "I know who it is. I noticed the way you called her, the way you looked at her, and the reason why you went to her place last night"

"Then what do I do?" I sighed and ran my fingers through my freshly washed hair and tugged on them.

"Listen to your heart. You know what is best for you. I trust you" Finneas said nodding frequently at his words.

"Excuse me for a minute" I said as I stood up from the chair I've been sitting on.

"Try not to overthink Billie. Don't rush anything, and let me know before you come to an end" Finneas spoke. I nodded and headed to my room.

---

"Dude, what's up?" Zoe answered from the other end.

"Are you free today?" I asked as I pressed my phone against my ear with my shoulder and put on my rings.

"Yep, wanna hangout with me?" She giggled.

"Yeah, I'm at my brother's place. Pick me up, I'll be ready" I said and hung up.

---

"What's up" Zoe said with the widest grin on her face as I got into her car.

"How you doin'?" I said and pulled her in for a hug.

"So, what are we doing today?" She said as we pulled away.

"Whatever you want" I said knowing this will probably be the last time I see her.

"Ummm... We can't go out much as long as you're looking like this so I think we should just chill at my place" she suggested.

"I'm down" I said fiddling with the aux chord and blasted "All the Good Girls Go to Hell" we jammed to the music and played the rest of the album.