Chapter 3

Evette's POV

After I finished binge watching Billie's shows during the tour, I fell asleep in the couch. And then I died... I didn't survive the cancer...🥀 I'm sorry but I couldn't fight back anymore...

Just kidding😆

I was running into a dark, swamp forest. Something chased me but I didn't know what it was...

I ran as fast as I could, not to get caught and eaten alive by that creature.

I was just running, scared, out of breath, I felt my sweat running down my back making my shirt wet...

I was about to pass out when I heard Riley cries "Evette Graves, please wake up"

I opened my eyes and sat up in the couch, shaking. Riley pulled me in for a hug immediately, "it's okay, it was just a dream, I'm here now" she whispered in my ears.

I buried my face into her chest, crying. "I'm so scared" I whispered, still couldn't catch my breath.

After she calmed me down, she explained what happened. "You were sleeping in the couch when I came home, I headed upstairs to get changed.

" But as I walk up the stairs, I heard your breathing starting to get heavier so I went back down and I found you having a nightmare, I assume.

"You were saying something but I couldn't hear anything. I tried to wake you up by shaking you slightly but that doesn't work. You scared the hell out of me dude" she laughed.

"If you're done talking, let's have our dinner now, I'm starving" I said dramatically and we made our way to the kitchen. I was too scared to even listen to what she had to say.

As we ate our meals, Riley noticed I was staying silent for a minute or so, so she waved her hand in front of my face "Dude, are you good?" she giggled. "Yeah, I was just... Zoning out" I mumbled.

"Well, I'm going to this party and I was asking if you wanna come" she said.

"I... am not feeling very well" I replied, the truth is, my dreams still bothered me.

"You always say no, you have to come with me this time. Go get changed and I'll take care of the dishes" she smiled.

I got up hesitantly from my seat and went upstairs to get ready.

Well, she was right. I always turned her down and I thought I should go with her this time.

I took a quick shower, changed myself into a pair of black tight jeans and a loose red crop top and I put on some random flats. I put my long wavy brown hair into a high ponytail, pulling out some loose strands to frame my face.

Truth is I never get comfortable around almost anyone. I grew up being socially awkward. That's why I always turn Riley down. But I'm going to step out of my comfort zone and go to a party with Riley on a Friday night. What a great achievement for me!

As we stepped out of the house, Riley whispered " I'm taking you to a house party at Isaac and Eilijah's."

"The dudes who looked scarily alike?" I stated, more of a question.

"The fuck, yes" she laughed.

We got into her black Audi, and headed towards the twins' place. I connected my phone to the aux and play some Billie.

"Oh, I almost forgot" she shouted through the music as if it's really loud. I laughed and turned the volume down.

"Billie's coming too, I almost forgot to mention that." Lies. The same Riley with her 'I thought I was funny' attitude. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

"You don't believe me?" she asked, I just nodded as a response.  "That's why I'm bringing you with me in the first place"

"why should I believe you? It's not like you're famous or anything" I joked.

"Girl, just wait and see. I'm friends with the twins, remember?" With that, we arrived at their place.

"God, this is gonna be so awkward" I exclaimed.

"It's gonna be okay, I'll stay by your side the whole time... Until Billie shows up" Riley laughed.

__________________________

The loud music and the strong smell of alcohol, cigarettes and some other shit I don't even know the name hit me as we stepped inside.

Taking deep breaths wasn't actually working when you literally were in their "secondhand smoke"

One of the dudes of the twins greeted us with a wide grin on his face, hugging the two of us. "I'm so glad you could make it Evette" he smiled.

I just smiled back and looked down... I was not blushing, it was just awkward, I couldn't even differentiate them while they call me by my name.

"Have fun tonight... Let me go get you girls something to drink" he offered, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"We'll have some water" Riley said. And he headed to the kitchen to grab our water.

"Is that-"

"Elijah" Riley cut me off, " he's a good guy, I hope you'll get along with everyone" she said.

Isaac came back with our cups of water in each hand. He reassured me once again "have fun, Eve. Make yourself comfortable, I guess" he chuckled in the end as if he knew how awkward I was feeling.

__________________________

Things weren't awkward as I thought they were gonna be. They're all awesome and easy to talk to, probably that's cause their drinks and hits had kicked in.

Riley haven't drank or took a hit, she stayed with me the whole time as she promised until I excused myself to go sit on an empty couch in the living room and let her talk to some other friends.

I haven't seen Billie as Ri had mentioned earlier, a proof that she was lying. Also, no one except Riley mentioned about her. "Don't get your hopes up for nothing" I sighed as I sat on the couch.

I took my headphones out, and listened to "Xanny" while I closed my eyes.

__________________________