Chapter 8

Billie's POV

I sat at the very back of the tour bus strumming the melody of 'Wish you were gay' on my guitar. We were on our way to Mexico to officially conclude the tour.

"Billie, we're here" Finneas said as he walked in "We're heading to the hotel"

I nodded and placed the guitar on the stand to make some space for Finn to sit.

He sat down beside me. "Are you okay?" He asked placing his hand on top of mine that was resting on my lap.

"I want this to be over" I took a deep breath "Finneas, please make it stop... That's... Everything I wanted" I looked outside through the window in order to hide my tears.

"Billie, I promise this is gonna be the last tour that you ever do as Billie Eilish. After this one ends, I'll find a way for us to restart our lives as Billie and Finneas O'Connell" he said as he pulled me in for a hug and planted small kisses on my head.

                               ---

As we stepped out of the bus, I pulled out my phone and texted Evette for the first time in three weeks.

It was partly because I don't want any reporters to ask me questions as I walk past them.

We walked into the hotel ignoring all the "Billie's" and "I love you's".

Don't get me wrong, I love all my fans, I really do. But a bitch was exhausted.

                              ---

Evette's POV

I felt my phone buzzed in my pocket.

I pulled out to see who it was.

Billie : I hope you remember your promise

Evette : I do

Billie : I'll be home this Friday. So, wanna hang on Saturday?

Evette : I'm down. How's tour?

Billie : Can I call you tonight?🙃

She ignored my question. Did I do something wrong?

Evette : Yeah, sure🙂

Billie : Okay, I gotta go. Bye Angel🖤

Evette : Bye bad guy🖤

After we ended the conversation, I went back to my little notebook to continue with my writing.

                               ---

Around 11pm, Riley and I were in our second movie of the night. I heard my phone go off and I pulled it out from my pocket. It was Billie.

Billie : Evette, you up?

"Yeah" I replied.

Riley peeked to see who it was.

"So, you two have been talking?" She asked, shoving a handful of popcorn into her mouth.

Before I got the chance to answer, I received a call.

"Sorry, I have to take this"

                             ---

"Hello" I said as I held the phone to my ear and sat on the front porch.

"Hello angel" she responded in a raspy voice. "Whatcha doing?"

"I... was watching some movie with Ri" I said, wishing I could take it back.

"Go back to Ri and finish your movie" she said and then she hung up.

"Fvck" I yelled as I called back.

"Billie..."

"I was just messing with you" she chuckled.

"So... Uh, can I tell you something?" She asked.

"Yeah?' I replied.

She stayed silent for a few seconds and "I hate my manager" she blurted out.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I tried so hard not to laugh at that moment.

"I Fvcking hate him" she spat and stayed silent once again.

"What happened Billie?" I soften my voice "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine angel, don't worry about me"

"Okay" I replied but I was still worried.

"He never let me get any rest" she sighed.

I was speechless.

"I mean 'they'. My parents are on his side" she forced a small laugh at the end.

I honestly didn't know what to say.

"Billie, I didn't know that... I'm... I'm so sorry" that's all I have to say.

She took a deep breath "Do you remember the LA last minute show?"

"Yes?" I replied.

"Well, the name of the show says it all... They only did that to make more money out of me. They preplanned everything but made it looked like a last minute shit"

"I'm sorry" 

"Say something else, stupid" I mentally slapped myself.

"You don't have to apologize" she chuckled, this time a real one. "I make them believe I'm having a writer's block for now. I'll be fine. I just don't wanna use my talents to make them rich you know" she sighed.

"Can I ask you something totally different?" She continued before I could think of a response.

"Yeah?" I answered

"What's your Insta?" She asked

"It's... Evey Gravey" I hesitated.

"For real?" She laughed

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing, you're just... Cute" she replied making me blush.

"It's almost 2am here in Mexico, I think we should get some sleep" she offered.

"Yeah, Goodnight bad guy"

"Goodnight angel" and she ended the call.

                              ---

Hello lovelies 🤗

I hope y'all stay safe and hydrated

If not, drink your water dude

Don't forget to vote!

See ya!