Chapter 7

Billie's POV

I stood up from the couch as I watch Evette making her way down the stairs. She still looks perfect.

"Hello there angel" I greeted stretching my arms out and she leaned in to hug me. "Look at you! You look so cute" I said eyeing her up and down.

                              ---

"Where are you taking me?" She asked as she looked out of the window.

"To the place where magic happens" I smirked.

I led us into the building.

"For some reason, this building has been abandoned since forever. So I took the advantage of it and let the magic happens on the rooftop" I said as we got into the elevator.

She leaned closer to my side which I assumed because she was scared. Yeah, this place is low-key scary to be honest. It's dark, humid, huge and quiet. I also get scared sometimes when I come here all alone.

We walked out to the rooftop as Evette took a few deep breaths, taking her surroundings in.

"I wrote 'Listen before I go' on this rooftop" I spoke as I sat down at the edge of the building.

"I really like that song" she replied and joined me on the floor.

"How do you interpret that song?" I asked.

"Well, basically the character was about to die, maybe committing suicide?"she paused for a moment, I nodded in response.

"So, the song was about the character saying their last words to someone they really trust. Probably their best friend or their mom" she shrugged her shoulders.

"That song is about me" I mumbled. "That's the most straightforward song I've ever written so far"

"It's really beautiful. I mean, it's genuine and yet ...  Sad" she hesitated.

"Yeah, it is" I agreed.

We sat there for about an hour talking about my songs and some other random topics.

"You know, I never let anyone who watch all of my interviews hang out with me except you" I said nudging her.

"Awwww, I feel so honoured" she said making a puppy face.

"Come on, I bet you're hungry" I offered my hand and helped her up.

                              ---

Evette's POV

"Do you wanna come in?" I asked as we pulled into the driveway.

"Yeah, sure I guess" she replied.

The house was locked which means Riley was going out. I pulled out the spare key from my bag and opened the door.

"You want something to drink?" I offered as we walk into the house.

"Nah, I'm good" she said examining the pictures on the wall.

"Cute little angel" she commented gesturing towards the picture of me as a baby sitting on my mom's lap. "you look so much like your mom" she added.

I didn't say anything, it's been a while I haven't heard those words from anyone.

"What's wrong?" She asked taking a few steps towards me.

"She passed when I was five" I replied avoiding eye contact.

"I'm so sorry" she said in a soft voice, trying to reach for my hand but I immediately pulled away.

I don't want to get too attached to her, I don't want her to see me this vulnerable.

"Let's drink some iced tea" I said as I quickly walked into the kitchen. I wiped a single tear that rolled down on my cheek with my hand and grabbed some cups for us.

                             ---

"Well, thank you for hanging out with me even if I watched all of your interviews" I laughed making our way towards her car.

"You have to do me a favour in return" she said as she got in her car.

I just raised a brow in response.

"You have to promise me to meet up again after the tours ends" she said with a straight face.

"Okay bad guy" I smiled.

"Okay" she smiled back and drove away.

                             ___

Riley came home about an hour after Billie left and found me watching another interview of Billie where she talked about the ' You're not hanging out with me if you're watching all of my interviews'.

Riley laughed and joined me on the couch.

" So, how's you're first date miss?" She teased.

"It's not a date" I groaned and rested my head on her lap.

"My baby is tired" she spoke as she started to massage my scalp. "Tell me what happened" she continued.

"Well, she took me to an abandoned building-"

"Oh my God, please tell me she didn't rape you" Riley joked covering her mouth as she spoke.

I just stopped mid-sentence glaring at her.

" Sorry, sorry continue" she smiled.

I told her about everything without leaving anything out.

"So, she wants to hangout again" she said "that means she's interested"

"I don't know" I sighed. I really wished she does but there's nothing I can do.

"Why don't you make the first move?" She suddenly pushed me up from her lap.

I looked away trying to ignore her question.

"Bro, she came out like a month ago and why don't you let her know that you're catching feelings?" She asked again.

"Ri, we've been hanging out for literally a day and I don't want to rush things okay?"

"But... Evey-"

"It's Billie Fvcking Eilish we're talking about here. Not just a random girl I met at a party" I took a deep breath "It's not a proper thing for a girly girl to make the first move anyway"

                              ---