Chapter 21

Evette's POV

I welcomed everyone as they stepped into my place.

"Happy Birthday Eve" said Grace, my childhood friend as we hugged.

"Aww, thank you" I said as she handed me the gift bag.

I put all the gifts in a corner in the living room and went to cheer my friends up.

"Everyone's here"  I texted Bil since she took so long to get ready.

"Angel" she replied.
"Got some emergency, I wouldn't be able to make it"
"I'm sorry"

I left her on read.

I was so disappointed. She said she'd be free and planned the party. I wondered what could be more important than me.

"Evette" I heard Zoe called from the kitchen.

I walked towards her and she handed me a gift bag.

"You don't have to. Thank you" I said.

"Nah, that's Billie's gift. I heard she's not coming, I'm sorry. But she wants you to open it, now" she smiled.

"Okay" I said and pulled a small box out of the bag.

I opened the box and I found

A beautiful angel wings necklace in it

I stared at it for a moment with a smile on my face.

"Put it on" Riley urged me.

I flipped my hair and put on one side of my shoulder and took the necklace out from the box.

I carefully held it up to get the chain around my neck and to secure the clasp.

I jumped when I felt arms snaked around my waist. But they instantly whispered "Happy Birthday Angel" against my ear.

"Need some help?" she asked.

"Yeah" I said as I let go of the necklace.

Billie put the necklace around my neck and secured it.
"I hope this reminds you of an Angel that you are" she said and placed a kiss on my cheek without anyone noticing.

"Be careful next time. We can't risk anyone seeing us together" I scolded.

After we eat some dinner, we sat at the front porch goofing around.

My phone went off and I checked to see who it was. Probably a birthday wish from my relatives.

"No matter how loved and special that dyke is making you feel, you're just a side fling. She'll leave you behind someday"

I didn't recognize the number and it could be a prank. So I just ignored it. "It could be anyone who's here tonight" I thought.

                               ----

Here's an extra chapter for you lovelies 😊🖤💞🖤💞🖤