Chapter 6

Evette's POV

"Thank you for the ride" I said and I turned to my side to open the door.

"Wait" Billie said putting her hand on my arm. "Can I get your number?" She slowly took her hand back.

I nodded.

She took out her phone and I typed the digits.

"Goodnight" I said as I got out of the car. I turned around when I reached the door and waved my hand a little. She smiled and waved back. She started her car and sped away.

I got inside and headed for my room. But I saw Riley's bedroom door slightly open and I walked in to find Riley sleeping on her bed.

I almost forgot she's a sleeping drunk, if that makes sense. I shook my head, chuckled and walk out of her room. I closed the door behind me and walked down the hall and got inside my room.

I took a quick shower and changed myself into my PJs and tried to get comfortable in my bed.

I closed my eyes, tossed around on my bed, but nothing works. I lie awake as I replay the flashbacks from the night  in my head. Everything happened so fast that it felt so unreal and almost like a dream. As I thought about every little detail, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

                               ---

I shut my alarm up and got up from my bed. I went downstairs and into the kitchen to meet a sleepy Riley. She never got enough sleep.

"Morning!" I smiled. She mumbled a morning back.
I made myself a cup of coffee and join Riley on the table. "Tell me everything" she spoke.

"Eh, nothing special" I replied, trying not to smile.

"Come on Evette, I know you don't want to refer Billie as nothing special" she teased.

Before I could answer, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I checked to see who it was.

Unknown number : Yo, Evette It's me Bil

"Speaking of the Devil" I said as I blushed.

"Whoa, she got your number" Riley said looking over my shoulder.

"Somebody's blushing!" She yelled running out of the kitchen.

Hey, Bil

I typed back, trying not to seem so excited, to be honest. I didn't think she would talk to me after the party. I just sat there smiling like an idiot till my phone buzzed again.

Billie : so, you wanna hangout with me?

"Oh. My. God. I didn't expect this one" I said out loud as I read the text. Riley walked into the kitchen with a shock expression on her face.

"What is it?" She asked. I just held out my phone to her face so that she could read it.

"Oh. My. God. Evette!" She squeled "she's asking you out!"

"Okay, okay. Breathe, Ri, breathe. Let's not get our hopes up for nothing" I sighed.

"She clearly have a crush on you Evey"

"I don't... I don't know" I said.

"Are you gonna text back or what?" She smiled placing a hand on my shoulder. I nodded as I took a deep breath.

                              ___

"Seriously? You're gonna dress like that?" Riley half yelled at me as I come out of the bathroom.

"Yeah... Yeah, why not?" I asked.
I wore an oversized t-shirt with a black ripped jeans and put my hair in a messy bun.

"Come on girl, wear something girly" she said dragging me towards my closet.

She pulled out an extra girly pink top with some tight jeans and some black sneakers.

"Lemme do your makeup" she said handing me the outfit she picked and dragged me towards the dresser.

"Ri, I did my makeup" I sighed.

"We need some final touch" she winked.

"Nah, too much" I said as she tried to apply some red liptick on my lips.

I picked up the matte nude lipstick "this?" I asked as I held up to her.

                              ---

"And you're ready for your first date!" She announced.

"Okay" I said as I stand up. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and Riley came up standing by my side.

"Ri, this is so unreal" I whispered.

"I know" she smiled.

"I mean she means everything to me. I always look up to her as an idol. I never thought I'd even meet her and now we're hanging out" I almost cried.

"Awwww, and now you're afraid you'll end up only as a friend" she pouted.

"Shit but yes" I laughed wiping my fake tears away from my face.

"Bitch" she scoffed and we broke into laughter

"Oh, and one more thing-" she was cut off by the doorbell.

"That must be Billie" I said.

"Don't wear your hair in that messy bun. I'll go get Billie, let your hair down" she said rushing out of my room.

I let my hair down and put a white scrunchie on my left wrist to complete the 'girly look'. I love scrunchies...

I grabbed the little shoulder sling bag that I placed on the bed and stuffed with my essentials.

"Eve! Billie's here" Riley shouted as if I didn't know.

I love this girl. Don't get me wrong, I just love her. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Alright! I'm coming" I yelled back and headed downstairs.

__________________________

I don't know why but I listened to "Ain't nobody's baby" by  Frawley while I wrote the dressing up scene😆