chapter four

|just don't make me wait forever|

ch. 4

training

Though the Akatsuki has welcomed her with open arms, (y/n) didn't run after Hidan and Deidara. She felt accountable for their actions even though it was between them and Sakura and Ino. The girl knew that she shouldn't feel bad, but she still felt the underlying guilt. Why couldn't they just get along? After all, they have the same goals.

The Rookie 9 strives for a better world whereas the Akatsuki -though their methods can be reckless and rather questionable at times- want world peace. (y/n) supported both parties. They're all wonderful people in her eyes. 

After stretching, Team 7 and 8 decided it would be best to start with timed spars. Since the young shinobi were already in the white spray paint rimmed ring, it would be easier to use it to their advantage before more students start rolling into the training area. 

The way the exercise works is there are two fighters -in this case, to blow off some steam, it's going to be Ino and Sakura first- that will spar against each other with full control. Both fighters share the same goal; whoever gets to five points first wins the match. Another person, Shikamaru for this round, will be the main judge who makes the calls gives the points. He'll be only other person that is allowed in the ring when the match starts. On each corner will be a judge to help Shikamaru. Once one of the judges says stop, both fighters will go back to the middle but will remain in their fighting stance. The judges will point left or right, Ino will be on the right and Sakura will be on the left, as to signify who they believe should get the point. Majority rules, so whoever has the most votes gets the point. Each round should only be a few minutes long-- judging and all.

This method helps with technique on both ends. While the fighters have to exaggerate their movements so that it's more obvious and clean, the judges have to watch-- most of the time, they think of the kinds of strategies and strike-kick combinations they would've used. It also improves analyzing skills, control, and respect of others' opinions. 

"You're going down, Billboard Brow!" Ino snickered, getting into her fighting stance.

Putting up her fists, Sakura retorted, "You wish you could beat me."

They were going back and forth with cliche insults. What a drag, Shikmaru said in his inner monologue. He would've said it out loud, but, since the two girls were within ear shot, he knew that he would end up with a black eye.

"Hurry up and begin," He said lazily. Sakura was the first to throw a punch. With style, Ino dodged it by going into a back bend, kicking the pinkette's chin up. The force caused Sakura to grunt and throw her head upwards.