chapter twenty one

|no one else can have you; i want you back|

ch. 21

there's a reason why it's called a girls locker room

(y/n) was no quitter, but she was a pushy idiot that convince Deidara to transfer into Minato's conditioning class. "I can't believe you talked me into this, babe," He sighed with a hardened glare aimed at the other students.

"Don't call me babe."

"Fine," Deidara huffed, but his uncharacteristic agreement made (y/n) feel standoffish. No joke, she wondered, thinking she finally broke him. "Honey bunches." Spoke too soon.

"Nope," (y/n) shook her head.

"Teddy bear."

"No way."

"Smoochie-face."

"Ew, stop."

"Cutie pie."

"Unacceptable!" She announced in a squeaky yell that would be the perfect voice for a personified lemon.

"Princess," Deidara teased, unknowingly tugging (y/n)'s heart strings. Her lighthearted attitude dropped and was replaced with a sheepish one. Noticing her mood swing, Deidara realized he's only seen that broken look when she told him about her relationship with an unnamed teacher. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"Don't be," She quickly said, forcing a not-convincing, reassuring smile. She crossed her hands over her chest, her palms rubbing against her biceps to replicate a hug. From an outside perspective, the (e/c)-eyed girl appeared to be freezing; that couldn't be the case since the class was being held outside in the eighty-five degree weather-- measured in Fahrenheit. Longingly, (y/n)'s eyes were trained on the grass that was being blowed by the wind.

"Is that what he used to call you?" The exchange student asked. She nodded her head, trying to drown herself in the chatter of the others or the rustling leaves. Though Deidara didn't know the man but did know his status, he could tell that he was important to (y/n). "Well... this is awkward."

"It's only awkward unless you make it awkward," She replied, glancing up at him. "Baby boy~"

"W-What!? That's my thing!" Deidara shouted, red-faced.

"Doesn't feel nice when you're on the other end, huh?" (y/n) accused, trying to give him a taste of his own medicine.

"Actually, I think it's pretty hot," He purred. "Call me daddy~"