chapter eight

|those ocean eyes|

ch. 8

conditions

(y/n) twiddled her thumbs together, standing awkwardly as she watched the other students converse with one another. She couldn't find anyone she was well-acquainted with in her new class-- conditioning with the Yellow Flash.

A week ago, when (y/n) managed to make progress on her fire jutsu, Minato-Sensei made a deal with her. He was willing to mentor her, which was something she greatly appreciated, but she had to join his class, forcing her to quit Guy-Sensei's class. It was one of her favorite classes because of the black-haired man's energetic ways of youthfulness, but she desperately had the need to become a Chunin-- as did every other student in her grade. This was her future, taking risks is something she has to come to terms with.

The process to becoming Minato-Sensei's protege was tedious, not because she transferred out of Guy-Sensei's class. The end of the semester dawned on Konoha Academy, meaning the school year was already halfway done. The holidays and week-long break passed too quickly for (y/n), and, before she knew it, she was back in class, bound to a desk as she learned about chakra-fueled weapons. The order of her classes changed as they did every year so if she wanted to opt out of one, now would be the time.

The reason why it took her a week to get Minato-Sensei's approval was because the blonde himself; he made the (h/c)-haired girl run errands for him, write a hand-written, five page essay why she wants to become his student, and make him one home-cooked meal. The last one was questionable, but she chose not to dwell on that. Her entire career as a kunoichi was riding on these peculiar conditions, so she did them-- as would any sensible person would.

"I officially welcome you to my seventh period conditioning class," Minato-Sensei congratulated from behind the seemingly-shy girl. Before the last tardy bell of the day, it was second nature for (y/n) to head to Orochimaru-Sensei's class since he was her seventh period teacher last semester. When she was about to enter the darkened classroom, she saw a few students she didn't recognize block the door. Needless to day, she only had a minute to run to the locker room, change into her gym uniform, and still be on time for the attendance check.

"Thank you, sir," (y/n) replied, sheepishly rubbing her forearm.

"What's wrong?" He questioned, watching the other students chase each other and talk with one another, each one excluding (y/n). He noticed that it seemed to take a toll on his beloved.

"Nothing, today just feels strange. Y'know, because of the class-switches," She said, playing with her (h/c) tresses.

"Understandable," He said simply, causing (y/n) to awkwardly nodding her head in agreement. What the blonde said left her speechless because he was so dry. She didn't know how to respond verbally to something as plain as "understandable."