chapter ten

|infect me with your love and fill me with your poison|

ch. ten

breakdown

(y/n) was perplexed with her feelings towards her new trainer, Minato-Sensei. His gorgeous sapphire eyes, tan, clear complexion, and soft blonde hair plagued her thoughts. She found it hard to focus on other lessons because she was excited to train with him again, always hoping the sessions would turn out steamy like last time.

It was strange for these daydreams to invade her thoughts, seeing as she's never had her first kiss. She's been on a couple of dates, however, the dates consisted of a meal right before a school dance. And almost all the time, she never harbored any serious feelings for the boys that asked her out.

She sighed deeply, burying her face into her pillow then let out a muffled scream. It was one in the morning, and on regular nights, she would be dead asleep. After her last training session with Minato-Sensei, the (h/c)-ette's sleep schedule became a mess and it was slowly taking a toll on her academic performance. She remembered how she would always judge the girls that starred in Disney Channel movies, saying that she'll never turn out like them. Yet, here she was, thinking about a man that she thought fondly of.

(y/n) hasn't admitted that she had a crush on him, even though her heart beats a thousand times faster whenever she sees his charming smile or concentrated expression. She already fell for him, and now all she has to do is accept it.

She did everything in her power to distract herself; after all, he was a married man. It hurt her knowing that she was just out of reach, and she knew that it would hurt more if she continued her... admiration.

Minato-Sensei was also wide awake, thinking about his beloved. Her behavior towards him became colder and more distant. It made him more impatient and the blonde started snapping at others-- Naruto and his wife, Kushina. He was upset that (y/n) was trying her best to avoid him by cutting their conversations short and never made eye contact with him. She always shut him down when he tried to flirt with her as well. He didn't know what he did wrong; she seemed very into him before the bell exercise.

He often entered the school with dark bags underneath his once-bright eyes. (y/n) was the same way, trudging through the halls and plopping into her seat. He wanted, no, he needed to fix things with (y/n) before he's brain explodes.

It was the next day, (y/n) was sleep-deprived and almost walked out of her house without her school uniform on. Even when she put on the outfit, she nearly forgot her socks and bag. The (h/c)-ette skipped breakfast, heading straight to Konoha Academy.

The day was a blur as she was going through the motions. The chatter of the student body seemed louder than usual, the classes droned on and on. There were multiple occasions (y/n) almost fell fast asleep in many of her periods. She didn't feel the fiery passion to fight nor did she want to keep doing good in school. Her procrastination got the best of her and she didn't even start assignments or finish her homework.