chapter fifteen

ch. 15

the start of something

"(y/n) versus Momoka! Itachi versus Daiki! Jugo versus Akari!" Kabuto announced. The (height) girl quickly shook away the pink tint from her cheeks, not-seriously glaring at Minato as she walked towards the hot-seat ring. To show companionship, the two females bowed towards each other before the match started.

(y/n)'s opponent, Momoka, was a short-haired, stubby-legged, and big-chested girl who wore her Hidden Leaf headband around her thin waist. It was the same girl as before-- the one that asked Minato to train with her after school. The (l/n) was hoping for Momoka's friend so she could give her a piece of her mind. Before this combined training class, Momoka was just another faceless stranger (y/n) wouldn't bother to notice.

"Woo hoo, (y/n)! You get 'em, babe!" Deidara shouted from the sidelines.

"Stop calling me weird things, Deidara!" She screamed back-- if she were in an anime, a irk mark would've appeared on her forehead. Minato drifted to Orochimaru-Sensei and Kabuto, (y/n) noticed.

"Oi! You better not break our winning streak, you hear!?" Kidomaru, a six-armed third year, exclaimed to the three. The others howled in agreement, their words jumbling together that sounded like incoherent clamor.

"What a bunch of animals," Momoka muttered, smirking at (y/n). Something about these girls infuriated (y/n), they had a way of getting underneath her skin without even trying. Was it their personality, or -better yet- lack of personality?

"What did you say?" (y/n) seethed, wanting to confirm if the brunette actually said that.

"You heard me," Momoka snorted. "You may be wearing the Hidden Leaf symbol, but you're just like those outsiders." When the match officially began, they circled each other, waiting for the other to make a move.

"Trust me, hun. We're better than your pitiful class by a long shot," (y/n) stated with in-a-matter-of-fact tone.

"You brutes probably don't even know how do read! You'll never compare to us," Momoka said, throwing three shuriken at (y/n). She dodged with a jump, seeing through the attack.

"How many Jonin are in your class?" (y/n) laughed mockingly. Right when she landed, (y/n) already anticipated the next three shuriken flying towards her; Momoka was too vanilla, she decided.

"Show her what you're made of, beautiful!" Deidara called again. Afterwards, he chuckled when he saw (y/n)'s flustered yet annoyed face.

"You're next, I swear!" (y/n) replied, dodging the constant stream of shuriken. Near her head, she saw a kunai flash beside her. Shuriken, shuriken, kunai, shuriken, (y/n) noted while maneuvering around the knives.

Huffing, Momoka's body was hunched in a sloppy fighting stance, self-inflicted scratches forming on her rosy cheeks. She admitted, "You're quick, I'll give you that." She avoided a rather messy kick aimed towards her head by ducking; she almost looked like she was about to hug her knees. An unusual way to defend yourself, (y/n) noted.