chapter twelve

|it's better late than never, just don't make me wait forever|

ch. 12

fakea$s party

After hard work and vigorous practice, (y/n) began to feel confident in her water jutsus. If she were by herself, it would've taken years to figure out one jutsu by herself, and three would be off the table. However, she learned in a matter of months, kudos to Minato's training. They met up a lot after their shared kiss, becoming a little more intimate every time.

Sometimes, when they were certain they were alone, Minato would peck (y/n)'s lips whenever she did well-- which she would happily oblige. During the down time of their training sessions, he would wrap his arms around her waist, resting his head on the (h/c)-ette's shoulder. He became more daring as time went on, slyly implying things and flirting with her during conditioning class. She felt his gaze always on her whenever she did squats, but Minato often playfully denied that he was staring at her. He claimed that he was spotting her.

She strolled down the hallways, a certain blonde catching standing out in the crowd. They locked eyes, and the two smiled at each other, a small blush coating her ears. She weaved her way through the sea of students after Minato was out of her view, attempting not to get trampled underneath the upperclassmen. She hated how the school board decided to separate the years by hallway; the fourth years' lockers were located in the gym/physical education hall.

After fighting the funky-smelling mob of pubescent teenagers, she entered the snake-like teacher's classroom. Once again, Orochimaru-Sensei's class was piled with the rumored delinquents of the school. "(y/n), I need your medical opinion," Was the first thing she heard when she walked in.

"What is it, Deidara?" She made sure to keep in contact with the members of the Akatsuki, even after the incident with Team 7 and Team 8. (y/n) gave the long-haired blonde and Hidan an earful before forgiving the pair.

"Does this look bad?" He asked, pulling up his sleeve, revealing his purple-and-black patch of skin that was replaced his elbow. Stitches lined the artificial skin, it visibly throbbed. At that moment, (y/n) crossed off surgeon of her list of possible occupations. It took all her will power not to gag.

"Oh, my gosh," She sighed, looking away from his arm. "What the hell happened? Do I even want to know?"

"Well, lemme tell you," Deidara said proudly, kicking the chair next to him towards (y/n). She took a seat, resting her face in her palm as she listened to his story. "I was just trying to have a good time at a bomba$s party with these hot girls, right?"

"mhm?" She hummed, rolling her (e/c) eyes at him.

"Of course, they couldn't compare to you~" He teased with a toothy grin. He rolled down his sleeves then put his hands behind his head and leaned back. "For real, you need to come out with me sometime."

"Okay, okay. We'll make plans, just get on with the story," (y/n) teasingly whined, putting her notebooks on the table.

"I'm keeping you to that," He told her. "Anyways, I was playing beerpong with the boys because it was Saturday, and you know how it is, right?"

"Holy crap, just get on with it," (y/n) said, her finger hovering over his covered wound. "Or I'll actually hurt you."

"Kinky, babe~" Deidara joked but backed away from her, just in case when he saw the impatient expression on her face. "I'm kidding! God, you're sensitive, no? I was destroying Sasori, so everything was normal. Then, outta nowhere, turns out your little I'm-going-to-serve-Konoha-like-a-mindless-chump friends rolled up and tried to start a fight with me. You know I'm a level-headed man, hun, and I tried to calm them down."

"Go on?" (y/n) said, starting to fume, believing her friend's every word. Mistake.

"I just wanted a good time, but they started saying things... about you! I had to defend you, my love! So manly, I know," Deidara praised himself. "I can't let them say those foul things. A few fists got involved and I managed to fight of three of them when your mutt-friend bit me for standing up for you! Isn't that insane!?"

"So, you're telling me that you got beat up by one of those Hokage-wannabes?" (y/n) retorted, soon finding out he was full of fibs.

"W-Wait, what? Did you not hear the part about them talking bad about you?" He questioned, throwing his feet off the table and sat up.

"Deidara, you're such a liar! You could've just said you didn't want to tell me!" She replied, punching his bicep, purposely coming close to his wound.

"Ow! Chill, I was kidding!"

"Wrong answer!" She punched him again, moving her notebooks out of the way so she could lean over.

"What do you want me to say? Sorry?"

"Ding, ding, ding! You have common sense, congrats," (y/n) shot back, slumping into her chair and folding her arms. She put a curved hand to her ear, acting as if she was waiting for him to say something.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n)..." He dragged on the word so.

With a satisfied smirk, she taunted, "I don't think I can accept your apology."

"I wasn't finished. I'm so sorry that you're actually a little lizard," Deidara cackled, his tongue darting in and out of his mouth. He held up his hands, the mouths on his hands also followed his actions. With a pout on her face, she folded her arms, leaving the boy surprised. He stopped backing away from her, sitting normally on his chair. "Hey, I was joking, (y-"

A jolt of pain shot through his leg as (y/n)'s heel dug into his toes. He writhed in pain, trying to pull away from her foot.

"Students," Kabuto called, pushing up his round glasses further up the bridge of his nose. "We'll be joining Minato-Sensei's conditioning class today."

"BOO!" Hidan's loud voice exclaimed, his chair screeching against the tiled floor when he abruptly stood up. He slammed his hands on the table, making it shake. "Why do we have to train with them!?"

"Yeah!" Deidara agreed, also standing up. He didn't expect (y/n) to stand up, but a part of his still waited for her to join in on their antics. Instead, she shook her head in a disapproving way. Deidara's smirk faltered for a second, something (y/n) didn't notice.

"Honestly, it's kinda stupid," Suigetsu said before taking a sip of his water.

"They can't keep up with us," Kimimaro added with a monotone.

"Shut up and go to the gym, heathens," Kabuto demanded, the light glared from his glasses. Everyone, on command, got up and trudged to the gym-- a few students doing so reluctantly. "Oi! Pick up your feet!" Kabuto shouted at Hidan, who groaned in response.