chapter twenty seven

|in the name of love|

(i literally can't find anymore gifs)

ch. 27

training taken from the kid

The long weekend didn't feel long to (y/n) at all; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mushed together into -what felt like- a nauseating carousel of three hour naps, four minute meals, and five hour training sessions. Stress of the upcoming exam was weighing down, the whispers in her head told her that she wasn't ready and that the Jonin testers will see right through her. She asked if any of the Akatsuki members were going to be official spectators for the Chunin Exams, however they all said that they were only invited to the final matches.

Not only was her future on her mind, the murder case of a person nearby Konoha Academy haunted her. She knew that there was a good chance she could fight off the killer and/or escape their grasp-- the only person fast enough to catch her is Rock Lee and Minato, but she was confident that they would never do such a thing. Regardless of her talents, it would still install some sort of fear into a teenage girl.

Security footage was also released to the public on certain, unprotected, and sketchy websites that (y/n) never even knew existed. Surprisingly, it wasn't apart of the dark web. Only one news station wrote an article about it with a shorten version of the video attached at the top of the article. According to (y/n)'s peers that have watched it, it's a gory mess.

When she asked who did it, they replied with, "Not sure, they had a mask on, but, judging from the figure, it seems like the killer is a man." That fact stuck with (y/n); all the more reason to be wary of men, she concluded.

The end-of-school bell rang, and, like any other day, the students flowed outside of their classrooms and swarmed towards the lockers rooms. Like any other day, their conversations were filled with gossip-- the nearing Chunin Exams and the recent murder. Like any other day, (y/n) swiftly changed out of her uniform and into her training outfit. It was a recurring routine she couldn't break even if she tried; it's like she's addicted to the lifestyle of an overachiever.

"Hurry up," Was the first words spoken to her when she exited the locker room. Hidan and Deidara stood by the door, their taller statures leaned against a wall.

"Usually people say hello," (y/n) retorted, the Akatsuki duo stood up and started walking. She was in the middle, anyone who wanted to talk to her was immediately intimidated by the boys. Who wouldn't be scared of Jonin-level shinobi?

They trudged towards the small hill, preparing themselves for the hike until they saw the other members at the bottom of the trail. It was very peculiar for two reasons. One, they hated being seen on school grounds because everyone casted them a harsh glance; two, the Akatsuki members weren't known for skipping training. In fact, they are all hard workers who don't know when to quit. They often overexercised themselves to sleep; (y/n) fits right in with them.

"Let's get a move-on!" Hidan yelled, making a pushing motion with his hands. Irritated, Kakuzu pinched the bridge of his nose with his free hand-- the other one was holding a brief case. "What are we doing here?"

"Yeah, what's the big idea?" Deidara jumped in, but Sasori hit him over the head as a wordless way of telling him to chill out.

Konan, with an exasperated sigh, announced to the three, "We can't go up there. Those girls from last time are training up there."

"So? Why don't we just kick their a*ses?" Hidan said, he unsheathed his ginormous scythe from behind him.

"Wait, is it that... What's her name again? Momo?" Deidara pondered, rubbing the back of his head where Sasori struck him.

(y/n) mindlessly answered him. "It's Momoka, isn't it?" The honey-amber-eyed girl nodded her head with obvious distain towards the girl (y/n) mentioned.

"If it's only three of them, shouldn't we be able to... you know, tell them to scram or something?"

Pein stepped in, his calm voice was a little more stern from the inconvenience, "There's more than three. The girls reserved that area for their friends, so even if we go back there and tell them to "scram," we would still get in trouble because they reserved it."

"I didn't even know you could reserve training areas."

"We didn't either," Itachi said.

"I don't care about some stupid reservation! That's our spot, d*mnit!" Barked Hidan, slamming the handle against the ground, in between his feet.

(y/n) understood his frustration and was secretly wishing for an opportunity to whoop Momoka. She was getting fed up with her attitude; she figured it was all because of their fight. (y/n) wondered if she were to lose that day, would things be different? She didn't assume such things. Pride would've gotten the best of Momoka, meaning she would bother her even more with taunts and bullying. Still, she proved to be nothing but a nuisance. Maybe (y/n)'s secret admirer was someone Momoka knew; maybe she was paying him to lead (y/n) on. For a reason she couldn't explain, (y/n) felt as though Momoka was somehow involved with the love letters she's been recieving.

"That's it, I'm going up there!" Hidan announced as he stomped towards the trail. He was stopped by (y/n), who gave him a warning glare.

In a stern tone, she advised, "It's best if you don't. You're still an exchange student so -if you get punished- it'll be harsher than, say, if Itachi or I got in trouble."

"She's right, you know," Suigetsu piped up, he was sitting on the ground with his knee propped up.

"Oh, hello students," A voice from behind (y/n) smiled. All their heads snapped towards the source. There stood a proud blonde with a grin stretched on his symmetrical face.

"Minato-Sensei," Itachi said with a nod.

"H-Hello, sir," (y/n) stuttered and cursed herself afterwards; thankfully no one noticed, or, if they did, they chose not to pester her about it. "What are you doing here?"

"Someone reserved this training area so it's my duty to supervise them. Were you the ones who reserved it this morning?" Minato questioned, his hopeful tone was only picked up by (y/n).

As the leader of the Akatsuki, Pein interjected, "Sadly, no. We didn't know that you could reserve a space beforehand. It's certainly strange to say the least."

"I agree. However, the point of reserving an area is to have extra tips from Jonin."

"You guys aren't bouncers, are ya?" A boy (y/n) didn't even notice asked Suigetsu; in his head, he must've seemed the least intimidating.

"For what?" Suigetsu said once he swallowed a gulp of water. There were three other boys with him. They must've missed Minato when they answered.

"The party that's happening, duh. What else would he be talking about?" A short boy said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Someone's throwing a party... On school grounds?" Tayuya said with a stifled laugh, and her eyes landed upon Minato. His brows were furrowed and his arms were crossed over his chest. The boys followed her stare. When they saw that Minato was standing there with an unimpressed expression.

"Pein, how do you feel about helping a teacher out?"

"What's in it for us?" He asked, and the other Akatsuki members also wondered what Minato was thinking.

His right shoulder shrugged as he responded, "I can assure no one will want to train up there." Minato's head tilted towards the hill.

"What do you want in return?" Kakuzu then asked, clutching his briefcase tighter than before.

"Nothing," He said, but his eyes said otherwise. He wanted (y/n), however he can't just say that in front of the others, it would end in a mess.

author's note
just posted my y!sasuke x reader for all you sasuke stans out there. if you want, you can check it out. if not, then you probably have a good choice in men.... yes, i just called sasuke TOXIC. i live by that.