chapter twenty two

|oh, to see without my eyes|

ch. 22
a part of the same coin

"Did you know a girl named Momoka is in our class? I swear I've never seen her before," Deidara said, walking towards the rest of the Akatsuki (and friends).

"No she's not," (y/n) denied, recalling every student in Minato's seventh period. "She's in like, fifth period or something."

"Then why did she walk out of the girls locker room today, hm?"

"Does it look like I'm her babysitter? Honestly, I couldn't care less about her," She scoffed, trailing behind Deidara. The other socially-dubbed misfits came into view sprinkled around the empty training area. Not many use this place because it's quite far from the school. Regardless the inconvenient distance, (y/n) enjoyed going up to the area.

It was a ten-minute hike uphill on a loose dirt path; whenever they took a step forward, a puff of dry dust was kicked up into the air. It lacked shade and lively vegetation at the beginning, but as they proceeded onward, the shriveled, oat-colored weeds flourished into shrubbery and trees. It amazed (y/n) that a small mountain was still considered school grounds, though it was acted like the Akatsuki's rendezvous point. Most teachers don't even know about the training area-- excluding Minato and Orochimaru-Sensei, who was the one who showed the organization the hidden oasis.

"Took you long enough," Sasuke huffed, leaning against a thick-trunked tree with his hands folded across his chest.

"This one here wouldn't stop nagging," Deidara sighed, thrusting his thumb in (y/n)'s direction. She replied with an eye roll and a punch at his back, jerking him forward. Ever since the blackmailing situation, (y/n) found that she was more aggressive than anything; it made her more impulsive in attempts to spite Shikamaru.

"Is everyone here?" Pein questioned, going through a mental list of the Akatsuki's main branch and the sub-branches-- the Sound Four plus Kimimaro and team Taka.

"Everyone except Orochimaru-Sensei and Kabuto," Konan said, cutting his count-off short for time sake.

"That's fine, we don't need them today anyways," He told her. "Besides, today's focus is (y/n). We want to ensure that you'll pass the Chunin Exams as efficiently as possible so you can become an official member of the Akatsuki."

"Sounds good. What are we working on today?" (y/n) asked, a surge of excitement pumping through her body for the first time since her training with Minato-Sensei.

"Ninjutsu," Pein replied, standing up. The (h/c)-haired girl's shoulders slumped, she bit her lip out of nerve-wracking anxiousness.

"Are you sure? I mean, we can always work on Taijutsu," She said in a high-pitched tone, scrunching her nose.