chapter eleven

|i miss my cocoa butter kisses|

ch. 11

rooftop training (he's so cute, i just wanna hug him)

Ever since the meeting where she cried in front of her blonde trainer, any opportunity (y/n) got, she spent her free time near Minato-Sensei. During lunch, she trained outside of his window, in hopes that he would come down and help her. Near the end of the school day, when conditioning class came around, she stuck to his side like she was glued to his waist. It may sound unbearably clingy and bothersome, but Minato-Sensei liked having her close to him at all times. That way he could keep a close eye on her and whoever interacts with her, and he can see which measly boys has crushes on her. Since they were growing closer, if he were to put a bad word in for those boys, (y/n) would listen to Minato-Sensei without a doubt.

Minato-Sensei knew more about the girl than he let on; she may seem like a fierce tiger to others, but, to him, she was his adorable puppy that needed him. Slowly but surely, she was becoming putty in his hands. He'll have her wrapped around his fingers, all he had to do was wait and time will aid him, he was certain of it.

(y/n)'s attitude towards everyone and everything lightened, the dreadful heaviness in her chest she felt days before was in the past. For the first time in a while, she felt like a passing cloud; she could finally breath freely. However, she noticed that she only felt this way when around Minato-Sensei. She grew to love the way he made her feel-- included, appreciated, and worthy. The fact that he had a beautiful wife always managed to escape (y/n)'s head when daydreaming about her trainer. She won't admit that she has a crush on him, just a mere admiration for the man.

Whatever her heart truly felt -a need for a more intimate relationship- it was wrong, no matter what way she looks at it. No matter what light she shines on the situation, a dreadful shadow casts behind it.

"Were you even listening?" Shikamaru snapped, waving his hand in front of (y/n)'s face. She blinked rapidly, jerking her head away from his palm by instinct. One can never be too sure, (y/n) lived by that.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention," She responded, cheekily rubbing her neck. It was the end of that day and the two were already dressed in their training outfits. (y/n) didn't have any plans to train with a particular group, or Jonin, so she was just going to wing it. Whoever joined her, joined her.

"Troublesome woman," He muttered under his breath, closing his eyes and his forefinger and thumb pinched the bridge of his nose. "I was trying to give you a warning, but you obviously couldn't care less."

"No, no! I swear I'll listen! Just tell me," (y/n) persuaded, her hands almost clapped together as a way to emphasize her begging.

"Don't get mad at me, al-"