chapter sixteen

|i don't wanna be your friend, i wanna be your b*tch|

ch. 16

cat-lover girl

"There you are," Minato chucked breathlessly, catching (y/n) in his arms. She pulled their faces closer together, kissing him. She cupped his unblemished cheek, brushing his smooth, tan skin with her thumb. They were on the rooftop, one of the more common areas they train nowadays. 

They unwillingly pulled away. (y/n) smiled at the older man, letting his hands wander her backside, occasionally drifting right above her firm butt. "Sorry I'm late." She held up a small envelope sealed with a red heart sticker. 

"What's that?" He asked, releasing her from his embrace then leaned against the chain link fence. 

"I think it's a love letter or something," She guessed, fanning herself with the yellow-tinted envelope. 

"And you're sure it's addressed to you?" He appeared to be in a playful mood, but, on the inside, he was fuming. Knowing that (y/n) was the Strongest Female in Konoha Academy, Minato should've expected that she gets declarations of love and admiration every other day. He should -and does- consider himself lucky that her heart chose him. 

"Rude! Why wouldn't it be for me?!" (y/n) replied with a pout. Anything she did made him fall deeper in the rabbit hole of obsession. 

She turned over the envelope, the back facing him. With a kiss mark that smelled of lipstick and big, cursive letters that spelled out her name, Minato couldn't deny that it wasn't for anyone else. "I'm pretty sure it is addressed for me," (y/n) said bluntly. She sat at his feet, pressing her back against the fence. Minato slumped next to her, watching her lift the sticker. 

She gently opened the flap, her fingers dove into the envelope, fishing out a neatly-folded paper and a sadly-smothered, purple-petaled pansy that oozed thin sap. "Who's it from?" Minato asked, inching towards (y/n). He took a lock of her (h/c) hair and spun it around his slender index finger. 

"Don't know," She responded, resting her head on his broad shoulder. They hid away from the door, so if someone were to open the door, they would have time to break away from each other. 

(y/n) unfolded the paper. The letter was boarded with a printed-on frame with dark green vines wrapping around it; whoever wrote this probably stole this piece of paper from their scrap-booking-obsessed mother. She looked up at Minato, seeing his ocean-hued orbs scan the contents with a scrunched-up face. She hit him lightly with the letter, telling him, "This is for my eyes only!"