Ch.1:|The one where she becomes Coach.

IMPORTANT: CHARACTERS ARE AGED UP BY THREE YEARS BUT DYNAMICS ARE STILL THE SAME FOR STORY SAKE, IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE REALLY BUT LETS PRETEND 🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡

Akari's ears were still popping when she'd left the plane. She was finally back and the only thing she wanted was to go home and take a phat nap. 2 years ago she left Japan for no apparent reason but to avoid her past. Returning certainly didn't mean she was prepared to face that past but it was a start.

Looking around, she found a sign with her name on there and recognised her brother's friend. Where was her brother? Despite her confusion and the small knot forming in the pit of her stomach, she made her way to the sign-holder. He was of an average build, somewhat tall and had brown eyes. Not to mention, he was part of the Neighbourhood Association.

"Yusuke-san! It's good to see you again."

"Good to see you too, Akari-chan. You're all grown up now."

"I was gone for two years and have not grown an inch."

Although he laughed, the joy didn't seem to reach his eyes. This could only mean that something had happened.

"What's wrong?"

"It's your brother." He seemed worried, afraid and embarrassed for a reason that Akari did not know.

"What about him?"

"He's been injured."

Akari's heart sped up, her blood thrummed in her ears. This situation felt ridiculously familiar.......Right. Her brother had also hurt herself before she had left in a futile attempt to get her to stay but it was no use. He gained a few bruises here and there but there was nothing much. Therefore, a futile attempt. She was so angry. So worried and just so tired. Tired of constantly feeling like everything was coming crashing down. Just how many times would it crash?

"Listen, Akari. Before we go in, there's something-"

Akari ignored him. She found her brother asleep in his hospital bed, a brace around his mid-area.

"An explanation please." She would not panic, not here. Even as he explained, Akari's anger continued to grow. Keishin was lucky he was sleeping or she would have throttled him right then and there. Staying in the hospital longer would do him some good, he clearly had a few nuts loose. A few nuts too many. She wondered if she was adopted because she did not belong in this family of crackheads. (Noooo, she definitely does cuz let me tell you, this girl is a crackhead.)

"KEISHIN ONII-SAN." Akari shook him, not caring if she was being too violent.

"Akari. Listen-" Akari looked Yusuke's way and that was all it took to shut him up. In the meantime, her brother had awoken from his beauty sleep.

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT, COACH UKAI. HOW COULD YOU HURT YOURSELF? WHEN WILL YOU LEARN TO ACT LIKE THE 34-YEAR-OLD YOU ARE? THE LAST TIME I WAS AROUND YOU ALSO GOT HURT!" Akari raged, whilst shaking her brother back and forth.

(I'm just thinking about the 'WHEN WILL YOU LEARN?! WHEN WILL YOU LEARN THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES?' vine. Pahahahahah No? Okay then....)

You may wonder why she was being unkind to her brother when he was lying in a hospital bed.

Here's the thing- he hurt himself trying to climb a tree when he was well aware of the fact that he is 34 and hasn't an inkling on how to climb a tree. He was apparently trying to relive his youth with his friends who had 'dared' him. Mind you, he was not the same flexible volleyball player he was 15 years ago.

And here she thought, her brother wasn't foolish enough to take on a dare that childish. Which group of 34-year-olds dare each other to climb trees? Poor trees.