Adopted by fools

My names is Sarah, I am 14 my parents gave me up when i was 4 and all my relatives are too dumb to try and adopt a kid. I help around the orphanage as punishment for my "reckless" behavior, The orphanage is not the one you are thinking about, Its actually quite nice. The rooms are colorful and the halls are covered in hand prints of all the kids who have lived here, once they get adopted their hand print is covered in white paint. Mine had been covered 5 times and repainted back on 5 more. "Sarah, It is your turn to read a book to the preschoolers. Be down soon!" Mrs Abby yells "Yay, I am so excited." i say sarcastically. I walk down, "So what are we reading today, How to not die? Wait no how about we read them "Your parents dropped you off here because they don't want you!" She gave me a rude look "No actually we are reading about a ungrateful girl who won't get her life together." "ya,I love that story!" she shoves a book called 'Good Night Moon' in my hands and I put on a fake smile and read to the kids. "See that wasn't so bad, You are great with the kids!" I have to admit I do like working with them but I would rather be somewhere else. "Well since I did so good, Can I go see Chop?" she looks annoyed "That weird stray dog you always try to bring here." i smirk "Thats the one, And he is not weird he is special." she gives in "Fine, Only this once but say your good byes because tomorrow is fair day and I am hoping you can get adopted." I roll my eyes "Ya only for them to return me two days later." I walk upstairs grab my skateboard I stole when I was 12 from Toys R Us and rode it to a bridge I walked down underneath and saw Chop. He runs towards me and licked my face. "I missed you too bubs, Come on lets go for a walk!" I may not have a leash but he never leaves my side. We walk to the butcher shop where is see Luigi he is an old man who I have known since I was 10 he always gives Chop a little slice of a meatball. I walk in and the bell rings "Hey, There is my favorite girl and her amazing dog Chop!" Chop runs after him and Luigi gives him a piece of a meatball he looks at me with a smile "So the fair is tomorrow! Are you excited?" I sit on the counter "Not at all it will be a blood bath of newly weds thinking they are so heroic to buy a kid who was neglected." his smile disappears "Very funny but what if you gave them a try, Not all people are bad." He is true but not all people like me, My first parents where about 32, Once they saw my record for sneaking out and skipping school, They ran out the door. The next couple bought kids to work in their farm they called it "The Shakings helpers" CPS found that out way to quick and I got sent back to the orphanage as usual, The other stories are a blur I block out because i could care less. "I guess I can try." Luigi gives me a big smile. "Well Chop looks like you and Sarah got some work to do to prepare for this fair!" I roll my eyes "Well I better get going before Mrs Abby has a heart attack." He laughs and I walk down to the bridge "Bye Chop, If I get adopted I will come back for you I promise." I give him a big hug and walk back to the orphanage, We eat dinner and I walk back to my room and start to wonder who could possibly want me. I wake up to the morning bell and put on some leggings and a baggy T shirt that says "Virginity Rocks" When Mrs Abby looks at me it looks like she had seen a ghost "Oh my heavens! What on gods green earth are you wearing?!" I look at her confused and realize what my shirt says "Hey the parents will love me for me." The trays get passed out and I walk up to the huge line, Today is sausage and eggs. Don't be fooled our budget is low the sausages honestly bounce and the eggs aren't that good, We eat when announcements come on "All Girls ages 13-15 come to the lobby for fair day." I roll my eyes and walk down with 12 other girls, Fair day is divided by gender and age. We all walk down play around a playground do crafts and most importantly introduce ourselves to parents. But. all of them avoided me, Most parents go for the little kids. Thats when a man approaches me "Hey, Danny Duncan ya he's a funny guy." I look up to see a man maybe in his 20s with brown hair i nod. He smiles "So whats your name? I am Griffin Johnson!" I give a slight attitude but then remember if i get a home so does Chop "I am Sarah I am 14, 15 in about two months My birthday is June 5th." His smile widens, He almost seems like he wants to adopt me "Well Hi Sarah, What do you like to do for fun?" He definitely seems intrigued "Well I skateboard and thats all i guess.Ps my file is number 234." He took out a pen from his pocket and wrote down the number on his hand, "Well I will see you later." He walks off and Mrs Abby walks over to me "Well that went well! I saw him go up to Mrs Jane and ask for your file!" she had a big smile from ear to ear "Told you he would like my shirt."

A/n btw this is my first book and I have never showed anyone it besides my dog who seemed to like it. I hope you enjoy and stay safe!