its about time

i wake up with a massive headache and Quinton getting into his bed on the ground. "What time is it?" i mumble sitting up. "Oh did i wake you up, my bad. It is three am." He says flipping his pillow over. "What happened?"
      the last thing i remember is drinking beers on my balcony.
"You got super drunk and we realized on our car ride to the restaurant, but we turned around and took you home." He explains, laughing a little bit. I slap my forehead. "How did my dad react?" I say hoping it wasnt bad. "He said "We will talk about his tomorrow.'" Quinton says.
         Oh shit.
"Why did you get drunk?" Quinton says breaking the silence . "My childhood is being taken away." I say getting up to grab a water bottle that was in my bathroom from one night. "How so?" He responds. I walk back to my bed and take a sip of the water. "Well when i was younger i would go to this shop with Chop and a man named Luigi would give Chop a meatball and we would talk, I did that almost every day and now he is closing down the shop and moving or Oregon." I say pulling the cover over me. "Still doesn't explain why you got drunk." He says. I roll my eyes. "When you get drunk the pain goes away." I lay down. "Well don't turn into an alcoholic." he says. I nod and go back to bed.
      I was woken up by a headache followed with puking my brains out. Quinton wasn't there so i held my own hair back. I got up and brushed my teeth.
         Prepare yourself for whatever dad will say.
I walk downstairs and see my dad in the kitchen cooking some chicken. "Good Morning." he says when he sees me. "Yo." I respond grabbing and Advil from our cabinet to help with my headache. "So, Why did you do it?" He says putting the chicken onto a plate and grabbing a fork. "Because Luigi is moving away and i am upset." I say swallowing the pill. He nods his head. "I understand." He says cutting into the chicken. My eyes go wide. "So you're not mad?" I say shocked and confused. "I was, and then i calmed myself down instead of acting without thinking. I understand you are upset but that doesn't mean you get drunk. You can talk to someone, it doesn't have to be me, but maybe Hannah your friend or call Mrs.Abby. And when your ready, talk to me. I would like it better if you just talked instead of getting drunk." He said taking a bite of his chicken.
         What? No yelling? No phone taking? No getting upset?
"I will talk, I am sorry for getting drunk. That was just at the moment. And i will not do it again. For real this time." I say sticking out my hand and shaking on it. "Now how can i help you not make this mistake, is there anything i can do?" He says cutting his chicken more. "I don't know. You have already helped by understanding me."
•Griffins Pov•
When we got home Josh took Sarah to her room. I was mad at first until i realized she was upset, and most likely had a reason. I know kids won't listen if you yell at them. They will just be scared and sit there, not knowing what to do. She said she would better herself and i know she is trying. I don't want to over react because she will just get upset and it will make things worse. So i have to take a gentle approach.
  Instead of going out we order food from Post Mates and got Mexican. When it finally came we all sat down at the table. "What are you going to tell Sarah?" Quinton asked breaking the silence. "I am going to let her explain herself, i am not going to get mad. I am just going to look at things from her point of view and ask how i can help her not make the mistake again." I shrug eating my food. "They all seem to like that idea. "Where did you come up with this?" Bryce says laughing a little bit. "I have a book on parenting adopted kids. I got it a couple days ago. Mrs.Abby, One of the people who works at the orphanage Sarah stayed at recommended it to me actually."
       I had emailed her after she asked me how Sarah was doing. After telling her thats when she recommended the book to me.
"Guys look at this." Jaden said passing his phone around the table. By the reaction on their face. It wasnt good.

a/n Happy Birthday @Reeves_hossler and @MarianaNieto9 i hope you both had a extraordinary day! you deserve it!! love you so so much ❤️🦋