An Explanation

A/N: Minor swearing, Unsympathetic!Patton. And some Salty Virgil. He's not really unsympathetic he just salty.

Virgil ran to Roman's aid. Considering he was almost stabbed and what Roman had yelled, something was wrong. 'What happened to Remus?' He thought.

"What the fuck just happened?" Virgil asked, turning to Deceit.

"It was all my fault!" Deceit yelled, not looking up.

Logan stands at the doorway. "What seems to be the problem?" 

"THAT ASSHOLE STOLE MY BROTHER!" Roman shouts, wrapping his arms around Virgil.

"And who may that 'asshole', as you put it, be?"

"Language!" Patton yelled from another room.

"Patton, there seems to be a problem concerning Remus."

"Then why are people swearing?"

Logan sighed. "Roman's crying."

Patton shot up from the couch and ran to Roman's room. "MY CHILD?!" 

"And Deceit." Logan added.

Patton rolled his eyes and sat next to Roman. "What happened!?"

Through hiccups and sobs, Roman managed to choke out. "Jealousy."

Logan raised an eyebrow. "Jealousy. The noun... Took Remus...?" 

"No, you stupid nerd! The side!"

"To my knowledge, there is no side named Jealousy."

"Shut the fuck up, Logan. Remus was taken. That's all you need to know" Deceit said annoyed, calming himself down.

"I suggest you not speak to Logan that way. You may regret it." Patton said, glaring at Deceit.

Deceit took off his hat and threw it to the floor. "I don't give a shit! Remus is gone! And I did nothing! I froze..." 

"I told him to not let Roman know..." Patton mumbled.

"Did you say something, Padre?" Roman asks.

"Nope."

"You lied."

Everyone turned to Deceit who had sat up to sit on his knees. They turned back to Patton and Roman let go of Virgil.

"Patton never lies." Roman said.

"Well he did."

Virgil looked Deceit in the eyes. "We shouldn't trust Deceit. He's lying."

"Ouch." Dee wiped his tears. "That hurts."

Logan cleared his throat. "Let's talk in the living room." 

They all teleported to the living room, Virgil sitting on the arm of the couch, Patton on the ground, Logan on the end of the couch, Roman in an armchair, and Deceit stood. They sat in silence, mostly trying to process what had just happened and why.

Logan decided to break the silence. "Now, what happened." 

Roman began to explain who Inver was and what he had done to Deceit and Remus. Deceit kept glaring at Patton during Roman's description and Patton ignored him, occasionally sneaking glances at Dee. 

"-And now Remus is gone..." Roman finished.

"Ah. I see... And, why didn't we know about Inver?" Logan questioned.

"We don't know. We just know what he's capable of." Deceit added.

"We should inform Thomas about this."

Virgil looked at Logan like he was insane. "Pfft. Are you crazy? What'd you think Thomas would do if he found out he had a dark side with so much power?"

"Well he should know. He could help."

"I'm sorry Logan but I have to agree with Virgil. Thomas shouldn't know." Patton said.

"Lying to Thomas? Why I thought to lie was bad and should never be done?" Deceit said sarcastically.

Patton rolled his eyes. "Well we have a good reason to lie now." 

Deceit chuckled. "I thought Patton never lied."

"Can we get past our differences and deal with the issue at hand?" Logan said, taking off his glasses and pinching the bridge of his nose.

Patton and Dee glared at each other. "Fine."

A/N: Btw, I got the name Inver from the Roman god Invidia. I'm so smart-