More Than Friends You Say?

A/N: When Janus lies, it'll be in between these: / /
So: I am /not/ a snek boi!
Minor swearing.

Inver was stumped. Years of planning and Janus had to go and screw it up. He didn't account for him breaking through the hypnosis. It usually only happens when one feels a strong emotion. But which one? He could easily rule out sadness and happiness so Jealousy's best guesses were anger or... 

Love?

Did Janus love Remus?

Oh, this was good.

Inver walked out of his room and into the kitchen where he saw Remus laying on the counter. He needed a plan B. But he needed to figure out if his theory was true. Did Janus really have feelings for Remus? And did Remus feel the same way?

With the light sides...

"Board games!" Patton exclaimed, walking into the living room with a stack of board games.

"We're busy, Morality..." Janus sighed. Everyone sat in the living room with snacks close to reaching.

Patton's smile tightened. "We're playing board games."

"I'll have to agree with Janus, Patton. We're trying to figure out how to get Remus back." Logan said, pushing his glasses up.

"Remus can wait! Roman's finally come out of his room!"

"Yea. We shouldn't spend all our time looking for him. I'm sure he's fine!" Roman smiled, fidgeting with his sash.

Virgil rolled his eyes. "He's your brother, Romano. He could be in danger."

"I thought the Dark Sides didn't concern you anymore, Virge?" Patton said, taking a seat.

"Yea, that's cool. Talk about me like I'm not here."

"They're still a part of Thomas..."

Logan tried changing topics. "Aside from board games, Deceit-"

"Janus."

"Apologies. Janus, how did you "Break free" from the hypnosis?" Logan asked, making air quotes.

"I'm not sure. I think I was just worried about Remus."

"Shit." Virgil muttered.

"What's wrong Brad Pitiful?" Roman asked.

Virgil turned to Janus. "Oh god no. You don't..."

Janus' eyes widened. "/No/! Of course /not/!"

"I'm not following..." Patton said.

Roman caught on and burst into laughter. "You? And him? No."

Patton and Logan exchanged glances, not understanding. The human side of Janus glowed a light pink. "I do /not/ like him that way!"

Patton made an 'O' shape with his mouth and Logan was still confused.

"As a friend?" Logan asked, grabbing everyone's attention.

Janus sighed. "Yes. As a /friend/. Only as a /friend/."

"Don't lie. You love Remus." Patton smirked. Inver was going to like this.

"That's how you got through the hypnosis!"

"Wh-"

"Maybe, when feeling a strong emotion, you were able to break the hypnosis. You felt love." Logan stated.

Janus didn't respond. Everyone looked at him and Roman was on the floor, laughing. 

"H-how do you know it was love?"

"All the facts point to that conclusion."

"Well the facts are wrong."

Patton cleared his throat. "I have to do... something... Be right back."

The moral trait left the others to plan and slipped into the dark side of the mind, finding Inver fixing Remus's outfit. 

"Wanna hear something~?" Patton teased.

He continued to play with Remus' outfit, not looking at Patton. "Mhm?"

"For a price of course..."

"And what may that be?" Inver said, turning to Patton.

"I'm sure you already know."

Inver stood up and walked towards Patton. Patton reflexively walked backward. "Tell me. And maybe I'll do it."

Patton sighed. "Janus has a huge crush on the rat you've adopted."

Remus heard this and the orange in his eyes flickered. 'He loves me?' he thought. He fell to the ground, putting pressure on his orange eye. He blinked his eyes open and he was back.

He broke the hypnosis.

He stood up and brushed himself off, looking around the room. He didn't spot Jealousy. But he could sense that something was wrong. Without warning, a hand clapped down onto Remus' mouth.

"Don't scream..."

A/N: I felt so bad for Remus Hhhhhhhhhhhhh-