Uncovering a Conspiracy

A/N: Idk what I'm doing anymore- Minor swearing.

Remus stood up, carrying the jar to Janus' room, placing it down on his desk. He had gotten blood all over the jar and all along the floor where he had walked. He slid down the wall, hugging his knees and trying to figure out what to do. 

Virgil and Roman hated him.

He killed Inver.

And Janus is gone.

He was mad at himself. He was mad at Inver, Roman, Virgil, Patton, and Logan.

He shifted a bit, noticing a notebook in a swivel chair. He took it and began reading through it. It seemed to be Janus' journal.

Damn.

He really liked Remus.

He smiled, flipping through the pages. He came across a page that he had to look twice at. There was a photo of Patton and two other sides that he didn't recognize. He looked at the caption and he froze.

Patton wasn't apart of Thomas.

"Blackmail..." He mumbled, still scared but smiling.

He assumed this was the photo Patton didn't want the others to see.

Meanwhile, with the others...

Virgil fidgeted with his sleeves, anxious if he made the right choice to defend Patton. Remus seemed to have a good reason to do it and Patton seemed to always have an alter ego.

"J.Delightful. I'm headed to check on my brother. He looked really bad when I confronted him. Wanna come?" Roman asked, putting his sword away.

Logan sat up from the couch. "If it is okay, I'd like to accompany you as well. As Remus is a part of Thomas, you must make sure that he's okay."

"Sure nerd. Virge?"

"Sure. Let's just go."

"Do you really think that's a good idea..?" Patton asked, walking into the room.

"You stay here, Padre. Don't want you to get hurt!" Romas smiled, sinking out to the darkscape.

Virgil and Logan followed as Virgil waved bye.

The three appeared in front of Janus' room. Roman made sure that the rose up where Remus was.

Roman drew his sword. "He's in the snake's room?"

"Mhm..." Virgil hummed, pushing the door open to see a crying Remus on the floor, hugging his knees.

Logan and Roman walked in with Virgil, Logan stepping back to avoid having to deal with his emotions and Roman kneeled down next to Remus. Virgil stared in shock at all the blood.

"Re! Why are you covered in blood!?"

"It isn't mine..." He mumbled in response.

Virgil sat next to Remus. "Th-Then who's is it!?"

"Inver's..."

Logan cleared his throat. "Where is Janus? He might be able to comfort you."

Remus froze at the name. He cautiously got up and grabbed the jar, handing it to Logan. "If you cared enough you'd know that he faded last week."

Virgil's eyes widened and he shuffled back. "J-Janus faded..?"

Remus simply nodded and got Janus' notebook and flipped to the page with the photo of Patton. "I also found this. Just thought you'd wanna know." He gave it to Roman, sitting back down.

The three light sides looked at the journal in shock. Nobody suspected it.

"How did you..." Logan started.

"Janus figured it out before he faded."

"That asshole! We... We have to confront him!" Virgil said, taking the journal.

Roman took the journal back. "Agreed."

"Fighting Patton, eh? I think I'll join in on the fun."

"We can't kill him. That'd be bad for Thomas. We can instead banish him."

Everyone's attention was now on the intellectual side who had examined the photo. "He seemed to be a part of another's personality. An opposite of Thomas."

"Well can we go banish him now?" Virgil asked, still fuming.

"Give me some time. We need a plan."

"In the meantime, Remus? Do you wanna live with us?" Roman asked, looking down at Remus who was back on the floor.

"You... You really want me to come back with you..."

"Well, I can't have you dying from starvation here. Because I know you can't cook."

Remus jumped up and hugged Roman, getting blood on him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Hm. Yea... Just clean yourself up." He said, hugging his brother back.

A/N: Well this chapter turned out longer than usual-