Close Death Experience

A/N: Blood, minor swearing.

Remus fell unconscious in Janus' arms. There was blood. So much blood. 

"WHAT THE HELL!?" Roman yelled.

"Janus, carry him to my room. I can help him there." Logan commanded.

Janus was covered in the blood of his best friend. He was shaking and couldn't move. He held Remus who was limp against Jay's body.

"JANUS!"

"R-right!" Janus stuttered, putting Remus on his back and carrying him up the stairs.

Patton seemed unphased by the situation. Inver had kept his end of the deal. As far as he was aware at least. Virgil's eyes went wide and his breathing hitched. He started breathing heavily and commenced a panic attack. Roman ran to his rescue, not wanting to see Remus in this state.

"Hey, Hot Topic. Just breathe..."

"B-but wh-what if h-he dies! I-I've been s-so mean to h-him!"

"He'll be okay."

"Th-there was s-so much b-blood..."

"I know. But he's strong. He'll get through this."

Meanwhile with Janus and Logan...

Logan summoned a surgical bed. "Lay him down."

Jay was shaking but laid Remus down softly. He stumbled back and finally took a look at all the blood, the weight of the situation sinking in.

Oh god.

Oh god.

"Janus, I need you to leave."

"What!? No way!"

"Leave before he loses more blood! I need to concentrate!"

"O-okay..." Janus stepped out of the room, cursing himself for stuttering and almost immediately beginning to cry.

An hour later...

Logan walked out of the room and wiped the sweat off his forehead. He took a deep breath and walked into the living room where everyone was resting. Janus spotted Logan walk in and shot up. "Is he okay?!"

"He will be. He was in life-threatening condition. Fortunately, I was able to help him."

The tension in the room quickly left. Patton grimaced quietly.

"Though I do find it strange that Jealousy just let him leave."

Roman rubbed Virgil's back. "Well, Remus obviously had to fight his way out."

"A better question is what happened to Inver?" Janus questioned.

"We don't have all the answers but when Remus wakes up we can ask him." Logan responded.

Virgil held Roman's hand. "C-can we go see him?"

"Of course. Inform me when he's conscious." Logan sat down at the couch.

Janus pushed past Virgil and ran to the room, stopping at the door with his hand above the doorknob.

Roman walked up behind him. "Are you going to go inside?" (That's what she said)

"You can go first..." He stepped away from the door, giving Roman and Virgil space to enter the room.

A few minutes passed and Roman and Virgil left, Janus still standing by the door. 'Quit being a coward, Deceit. You have nothing to worry about.'

He pushed the door open and saw Remus laying in bed, bandaged up with a glass of water on the table next to him. Janus was shaking but reluctantly walked up to the bed.

"Hey, Re... I'm so sorry... I should've done something earlier... Anything... But you'll get through this. You're strong. Stronger than Roman for that matter." He chuckled a bit. "Please be alright..."

A giggle came from the bed. "Aw. Thanks, Dee!"

Janus stumbled back, surprised. "How are you... I-"

"You didn't think he'd get rid of me that-" He took a moment to cough up some blood. "-Easily."

"How long have you been awake!?"

"Since Roman came into the room. I'm a good actor."

"You asshole!"

Remus winked. "Love you too!" Janus flushed a light pink.

Janus rolled his eyes. "I'm glad your alive, numbskull."

"Me too."

A/N: You didn't think I'd actually kill my rat boy, did you?