A Broken Family

A/N: Minor Swearing, Unsympathetic!Virgil. It took so fricken long to figure out where I wanna go from here.

Remus' arms were bound to his sides, his mace now in another room and Roman in his own room, bandaged up and barely alive. Nobody was letting Remus talk. There was still blood on the floor and Remus couldn't have felt guiltier. He could've killed his own brother. Janus walked into the room, standing by the doorway, a good 10ft away from Remus.

"I shouldn't be here but... What happened?"

Remus didn't dare look at Janus. "I saw Inver. I-I thought he was real b-but he was just a..."

"Hallucination?"

"But he was there!" He turned to look at Jay. "I wouldn't have done that to Roman on purpose..."

"I know... I trust you."

Remus' eyes lit up. "R-really?"

"I can't tell that you're lying so... yea. Plus, when Roman wakes up we'll have the truth..."

"He'll probably say I did it on purpose..."

"I'm sure he won't..."

There was an awkward silence between the two before Remus had a realization.

"W-wait! Roman is okay!?"

"Oh... Yea... Barely..."

The intrusive side let out a huge sigh of relief. A weight lifting from his chest.

"I-I have to go... Before... Well..."

"I understand... Bye Jay..." He attempted a smile, failing miserably.

Jay nodded and left, feeling horrible for Remus. He walked into the living room, immediately being cornered by Virgil.

"Why the hell were you talking with Remus?" He said, taking steps towards Janus. Jay reflexively walking backward.

"I-I was just-"

"Were you working with him?"

"That's an outrageous accus-"

"That... That monster doesn't deserve to be cared about!"

Janus pushed the anxious trait. "Virgil! Of course he does and he isn't a monster!"

"He almost killed his fucking brother!"

"He wasn't aiming for him!"

"Then who!?" Virgil made a pouty face to mock Remus. "Was the wall mean to him?"

"Now Virgil that is quite enough! What the hell happened to you! What happened to us?"

Virgil crossed his arms. "Considering you've been flirting with Roman, my crush and Remus almost killed him? Oh I have no idea."

"Crush...?"

Virgil turned a bright red under his white foundation. "Y-yea!" He regained his composure. "You should've been tied up with the rat."

Janus was left speechless as he watched Virgil walk away.

A/N: Sorry that the chapter's short and it took so long to come out.