The Predicament

A/N: Mention of abuse. 

Remus' eyes flickered open. He grinned, knowing he wasn't under Inver's control anymore. He took a look at his surroundings and realized quickly he wasn't alone. He sat up on the floor and glared at the side.

"Jealousy."

"Intrusive thoughts."

Remus grimaced. "I told you. I'm Creativity."

"I remember that being Roman." Inver responded.

He looked away. "I don't wanna talk about that."

Inver paced around Remus, not losing eye contact. "Look. I'm a nice guy. I just can't have you and Deceit ruining my plans."

"What are you getting at?"

"I have a deal. Patton thinks he's running the party around here but most leaders start out in the dark." Inver summoned chair and sat down. "I want you to kill Morality."

"I may hate Patton but do you realize how screwed up Thomas would be without Patton?"

"Do you also realize how screwed up Thomas would be without Janus?" Inver smirked.

"W-wha-"

"You see, killing Janus is just as easy as killing Patton. Though, if I were to kill Patton, it'd be a lot less fun than watching the other sides betray you."

"I'm not going to kill Patton!"

Inver ignored his comment. "So, you kill Patton and Janus stays alive. Otherwise, Thomas might lose the ability to lie..."

Remus stayed quiet and could feel tears start to fill his eyes.

"So?"

"Janus doesn't get hurt?"

Jealousy nodded.

"Deal." Inver smiled and had an idea. "Now we have to make it look like you put up a fight."

Remus moved away. "What do you mean..."

He summoned a knife. "Stay still..."

With the others...

"We can't just walk in there!"

"Well we can't wait around any longer either!"

Roman and Janus had been arguing for the past half hour. Logan had quit trying to come to a compromise, Virgil sat on the couch with his headphones on, listening to MCR and Patton sat on the couch, not wanting to help save Remus.

"Well then if you're so smart, you come up with a plan!"

"Gladly. I suggest you stay out of the way and go make Thomas dream of unicorn horns and dragon tails!"

"Oh, you'll regret that you-"

They heard a knock at the door.

The darkscape door.

The five sides turned to the door and exchanged worried glances. Another knock was heard and then a scream. Remus' scream.

"Remus!?" Janus yelled, running over to the door and opening it.

Remus fell into Janus' arms, barely conscious. 

"J-Jay..."

A/N: Now we're getting somewhere...