CH.4 Sing Along

Chapter 4

The city of New Orleans was home to two packs. The largest of the two, the Delta, had moved to America many years ago from France and settled into the hustling bustling part of town. Their Alpha, Quincy, owned many of the bars around town and that is why he had requested to meet Alec.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to go in there?" Eden asked as they walked down the sidewalk towards the bar. "I'm not 21 yet."

"It's not a crime to go into a bar if you're under 21.....just don't drink anything." Alec checked his phone and quickly typed a reply to an email from Grace.

"I've never been to a bar before," Eden hurried to keep up with Alec's fast pace.

"Aren't you hot in that?"

"In what?"

"The cloak," Alec pointed. "Everyone is watching you."

"Maybe they like it."

"Maybe they think you're insane wearing a cloak in 95 degree heat."

"I'm cold," Eden pulled the red fabric tightly around herself.

"I don't understand how you can be co-"

Alec didn't get a chance to finish his thought when he felt Eden grab his arm as she tumbled forward onto the sidewalk.

"What the-" he said startled as he looked down at the girl.

Eden sat up slowly as she brushed her scratched palms against her clothes, "Ow."

"How does that even happen?"

"I tripped," The girl frowned as she pulled one of her legs out from underneath her. Alec's eyes widened as he saw the gash upon her smooth knee. The cut oozed blood as the skin around it grew red with irritation.

"What did you trip on?" Alec asked annoyed. "Air?"

"Yeah," Eden examined her cut. "Probably......does this look bad? Do you think I need stitches?"

As he rolled his eyes, Alec bent down to take a look. He wasn't used to people being injured around him for too long. He had to remind himself Eden's body wouldn't heal in a flash.

"I don't think you need stitches," He said as he pulled her knee closer to have a look. "Just a good clean."

"It doesn't hurt,"

"Good," Alec stood and helped Eden to her feet. "Can you walk?"

"Are you going to carry me?"

"Not if you can walk."

"I can't walk," Eden smiled.

"Quincy's bar is only a few feet away," Alec rolled his eyes. "You will survive."

As Eden watched Alec walk away, she looked over at one of the bystanders on the street who had been watching them and shook her head.

"Chivalry is dead," she told the lady.

"Let's go," Alec called over his shoulder as he held the glass door to the bar open for the witch.

"I don't want to leave a trail of blood," Eden limped. "That's how you attract vampires."

"There are no vampires in New Orleans."

"Then explain the bats in our neighbor's attic."

"Just get inside and stop talking."

Eden pushed the loose hairs away from her eyes as she stepped into the well air conditioned bar. She shivered just as Alec sighed in relief.

"Table for two?" The pretty hostess asked.