CH.21 Professor

Chapter 21

Alec stared at the phone in his hand wondering what the right thing to do was. He wanted to dial Eden and check to see if she was okay, but Gemma had told him to give Jackson some time to cool off.

As he sat flipping through his options, Grace entered the room. His green eyes met her blue ones as she glared at him. The deep frown on her lips irritated Alec to his core. He had enough drama on his plate right now to deal with her.

Alec pretended not to notice and turned away. He pushed his phone into his pocket and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Grace stopped him.

"I have some work to do at the office,"

"She's not here anymore," Grace snorted. "I don't see why you have to keep lying."

Alec's heart ceased up as he turned to face Grace, "What?"

"Do you think I'm stupid Alec?"

"No, of course not," Alec narrowed his eyes.

"Wall have ears. Especially in a big house like this," Grace took a step forward. "You thought I wouldn't find out?"

Alec knew better to speak without fully knowing how much Grace knew. He kept his mouth shut as she moved closer to him.

"Honestly, Alec," Grace laughed. "You're the head Queen's guard, I expected better from you. You didn't even try to hide her."

Alec watched as Grace pressed her hand against his heart and the other over her little bump.

"What do you like about her?" She asked. Her voice gave nothing away about how she felt. Alec's eyes followed her every little movement to calculate just how badly this would go.

"She's young," Grace shrugged. "Is that what entices you? You like them on the younger side?"

"Stop it," Alec pushed her hand away from his chest. He stepped around her and headed for the door when her voice stopped him again.

"I went to the doctor today," she said.

"Is everything okay?" Alec asked over his shoulder.

Grace took a deep breath as she fixed the watch on her wrist, "I wanted to know how long I had until abortion wasn't an option anymore."

Alec felt the ground disappear from beneath his feet. He reached out and turned Grace around to face him as he tried to speak over how fast his heart was beating.

"What?" He asked breathlessly.

"I'm having this child because I know how much it means to you," Grace pulled her arm away from him. "But don't for a second think you can do whatever the hell you want. I won't hesitate twice to abort this baby if you are going to be playing games behind my back."

"Grace..." Alec's blood chilled. He couldn't explain the panic that came over him as he tried to look for some way to grab onto reality.

"Baby," Grace''s eyes softened as she grabbed Alec's face. "I'm not asking for much. I just want all of us to be a family. You need to stop running behind these little girls and take this baby seriously."

"I do take this child very seriously," Alec said. "But you don't understand. Eden is my-"

"Don't you ever say her name in front of me!" Grace suddenly yelled. She pushed Alec's face away and huffed in anger. "I swear to god, Alec. I will kill this baby! Don't you even think about her!"