CH.5 Sunbathing

Chapter 5

By the time the pair had arrived at the house, the sun had begun to descend. Alec put the car in park and looked over at Eden. The last few rays of sun played with her golden locks as she moved her lips singing silently.

"Eden?" Alec called out her name.

The girl looked up as if realizing for the first time that they had arrived home. She batted her long lashes as she stared out at the house before turning her eyes to the car door.

"Wait," Alec's hand shot out and grabbed her arm. Her skin was still cold to the touch, but it wasn't as bad as before.

When Eden's eyes landed on Alec's hand upon her, he slowly pulled away. Eden looked up at him as if she knew what he was about to ask.

"What happened?" Alec asked.

Eden lowered her eyes and twirled her sack of keychains, "It just gets very loud in my head sometimes."

"What do you mean?"

"There are too many noises and too many things going on," Eden sighed. "But never the right one."

Alec tried to understand what she was saying, but he had no idea how to put it all together. The suddenly quiet girl sitting in front of him held such chaotic energy. She was flying off the handle one minute and then just as quickly she was as helpless and vulnerable as a mouse. What did one make of that.....who was Eden Heywood?

"This is for you," Eden's voice pulled Alec out of his head. He looked down to see her holding out a sunflower for him. "The yellow goes with the green of your eyes."

"Ah......thanks," Alec said awkwardly as he reached over and took the flower.

"You're welcome," Eden nodded as she pushed the car door open and walked out without waiting for him.

Unsure of what to think or do, Alec sat in the car and watched Eden walk up to the house. Lady Charlotte opened the door immediately as she stepped foot onto the steps and hurried her inside.

With a heavy sigh, Alec twirled the flower in his hand before he too exited the car and walked to the house. He expected to find Marshall or Jackson in the living room, but the house was deserted as he made his way up to his room.

Once inside, the first thing Alec noticed was the glass jar full of water by his nightstand. Had Eden sent that for the flower?

Quickly dropping the flower into the jar, Alec pulled off his shirt and jumped into the shower. He had to leave the heat on in the car for Eden on their drive home. It was insufferable torture....but for her sake he had push through it.

The cold shower calmed his burning skin but did very little to dull the headache. He couldn't remember the last time he was so irritated and angered by someone to cause him a headache. The day's tension all piled up in his head and morphed into a monster of a headache.

Once out of the shower, Alec remembered he needed to call the jeweler back in Romania. He picked up his phone and dialed the man as he dried his dark hair.

"Hello, Mr. Radacovick," The man answered right away.

"Hey, Mark."

"Your ring is ready, sir." Mark informed him. "Should I have it delivered to your office?"

"No," Alec shook his head. "Have it sent to my brother please."

"To Owen Radacovick?"

"Yes."

"Alright, sir. Was there anything else I could do for you?"

"Yes," Alec sat down on the bed as he talked. "Have the bill sent to my private account. Not the palace account."