CH.38 The Sun

Chapter 38

The first week back was an emotional roller coaster for everyone. Jackson cried with joy for hours upon having his daughter back. In honor of Tobias and Posey, he held a big celebration and sent enormous amounts of offerings to the couple to show his gratitude. Everyone was overjoyed at having Eden back. Even Mrs. Vanderhuge shed a ghostly tear.

"Don't get any ideas about sending me away," she sassed Eden when she heard of the girl's new job. However, when Tobias and Posey surprised everyone by appearing at the celebration, the old woman hid. Eden tried to explain to her that she wouldn't send her away, but Mrs. Vanderhuge didn't want to take any chances with the king and queen of the underworld.

Clare may have been the most happiest of all to have her dear princess back. Eden carried her around in her arms as the little girl filled Eden in all that she had missed. Maksim wasn't as thrilled as his sister. He was older so he fully understood where Eden had gone and what had happened to her. It took him a while longer to warm up to the idea of Eden being back.

Even though all was going well for everyone and things seemed to be looking up, Alec still suffered from his terrible nightmares. During the day he was as happy as one could be. But every night he would be tormented in his dreams with the heartache of losing his mate. He would wake up in terror searching for Eden. Until she was wrapped in his arms, he wouldn't wake from those dreadful memories.

Eden didn't know what to do. How could she get her mate to overcome his fear of losing her again.

"Give him time," Posey suggested. "Time heals everything."

Eden wished she could do more than just give him time. Her heart ached along with her mate every night he panicked in his sleep. But she took Posey's words to heart and gave Alec time. She let him love her anyways that he wanted to.

On the night of the celebration, the Heywood house was lit up like the northern star. When Posey and Tobias arrived, Eden rushed to greet them and introduced Posey to everyone. Posey's charming personality and kind soul won over every heart in the house. They were glued to her like bees after honey. Tobias watched his wife move around the room in her carefree nature, charming and bewitching every face she smiled at.

"So, that's your girl," Exton said as he came to stand beside Tobias.

Tobias laughed quietly as he sipped his drink, "Yes, that's my girl."

"Now I understand why you kept her hidden for so long,"

"I didn't hide her," Tobias rolled his eyes.

"Gemma had been asking for years to meet her," Exton pointed out.

"We were busy," Tobias finished his drink.

"Oh," Exton smirked. "Got it."

Tobias rolled his eyes and laughed, "Go find your wife, Exton. And stop staring at mine."

"Are you kidding me," Exton laughed. "Gem would kill me. And then bring me back just to kill me again."

"I'm glad she scares you,"

"She terrifies me," Exton jokes.

"Who terrifies you?" Maya's voice asked from behind the men as she joined them.

"Mom," Exton said chuckling. "Mom terrifies me."

"Oh yes," Maya shook her head. "Especially when she lowers her voice and her eyes go blank...."

The little girl suddenly turned to Tobias, "Are you really the god of the underworld?"

"Yes," Tobias said politely. "I am."